whoji
    Participant
    @whoji

So if its “being done for you” why do you feel the need to display your back on the internet asking for comments?

Or did you just want comments that stroked your ego?

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

I like the concept of a dragon holding the universe in their claws, first time I have seen that style of design.
    I am hoping to start my backpiece at end of march/mid-april – mine is also japanese inspired.

As it is WIP have you considered a band of cherry blossoms along the shoulder blades (just under the tribal), thought it might link the piece in better.

Can’t wait to see how the finished product comes out.

Matthew

Tartanmack
    Participant
    @tartanmack
    Sherav;34638 wrote:
    Hi

I like the concept of a dragon holding the universe in their claws, first time I have seen that style of design.
    I am hoping to start my backpiece at end of march/mid-april – mine is also japanese inspired.

As it is WIP have you considered a band of cherry blossoms along the shoulder blades (just under the tribal), thought it might link the piece in better.

Can’t wait to see how the finished product comes out.

Matthew

Cherry blosum and wind bars are all down on the final list along maybe with some masks (yet to be decided):) as fill ins to link to the side pieces that are on the cards

Tartanmack
    Participant
    @tartanmack
    whoji;34635 wrote:
    So if its “being done for you” why do you feel the need to display your back on the internet asking for comments?

Or did you just want comments that stroked your ego?

ALl coments are welcome LMFAO —I would respect your opinion more if I thought it was offered as well meaning advice and not just childish spite because we had a difference of opinion elsewhere on the forum

.Whilst I and anyone else can see the flaws in this yet to be completed piece (thatโ€™s why its called WIP-Work In Progress) most are generous enough to see the potential and offer encouragement you on the other hand seem to have made it your prime mission in life to knock it at every turn which is your right as a member of the forum even though you donโ€™t know the first thing about the background of this tattoo —the story behind it what each piece means to me or how it will be tied together in the end .

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

I think its great stewart:D

Azure
    Participant
    @azure

I think the back is probably the best canvas the body has to offer, so I’m loving the fact you included a pic of the naked pre-ink version!! :p
    Great being able to watch the progress, far more interesting than simply a picture of the finished product! The bottom part is so far my favourite of the piece, you’re gonna have to start wearing low-waisted jeans to show those babies off! ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Much of it is not my personal ‘cup of tea’, particularly the top as I’ve never been a fan of tribal, but that’s just me – and although I can’t provide an overly technical critique, I think the work itself is far from poor! And I’m a 21 year old female, I doubt you’d expect to share the same personal tastes as me! With any ink, it’s the meaning behind it and your own satisfaction with the outcome that is important. You have your meaning, and hopefully you have your satisfaction, so that is all that matters! I’m quite aware that my own ink has mistakes and is far from perfect. But everything on my body has the deepest significance to me, and as far as I’m concerned my tattoos reflect my life – my life is not perfect, so why should my tattoos be? I love them and am extremely happy of them, so boohoo if they don’t get me into any tattoo magazines! And hopefully you will feel the same!

And whoji or whatever your name is… if you noticed, tartanmack did not ask for comments, but specified that constructive criticism would be acceptible. Is there a crime in wanting people to see your work? Doesn’t mean you’re fishing for compliments, just that you want to share something that you’re proud of with others – comments or no comments. Human nature mate. You crossed the line from constructive criticism into a spiteful and insulting outlash. You wouldn’t see comments of that nature written on the end of a college assignment – constructive criticism contains suggestions and picks out the positives amongst the negatives so as not to destroy morale. And if you are suggesting there are no positives to this piece, then I would suggest that you have no idea what you’re talking about. If you’ve come here to piss people off, then perhaps you should turn right around – although honesty is wonderful, it does not give you the excuse to behave like an irritating fucking prick.

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

Azure , i couldnt have said it better myself, i just dont have time to type all those words lol.:D

Azure
    Participant
    @azure
    Izarrasink;34690 wrote:
    Azure , i couldnt have said it better myself, i just dont have time to type all those words lol.:D

You know me – any excuse to let off steam!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.