Tit_For_Tatt
    Participant
    @tit_for_tatt

I’ve had a tribal design on the back of my shoulders for about 3 years now, this week I went with a design of my own, to get it extended. Currently I only have an outline, as it all needs coloured together so the shades aren’t all different.

I’m not sure what I think of it though, so opinions would be cool.

outlineoq8.jpg

There are parts that I’ve noticed (which I’m sure you will too when you look) that aren’t exactly symmetrical.

I’m not quite sure what to think, alot of people have said it’s only something you’d see if you were looking for it, although should this be something I should set out to get fixed before getting it coloured, or are things like this often fixed by the addition of colouring?

sinoftheskin
    Participant
    @sinoftheskin

yeah, it plays tricks on you because your (no ones) body is really symetrical…

Maybe the original one wasn’t ( i am looking at the very bottom piece). If you are worried throw more interest into it with more complex shading throughout the design ( they can cover the original and then do throughout (it might be the best way to make sure it is consistent anyway.

Tit_For_Tatt
    Participant
    @tit_for_tatt

@sinoftheskin 27349 wrote:

yeah, it plays tricks on you because your (no ones) body is really symetrical…

Maybe the original one wasn’t ( i am looking at the very bottom piece). If you are worried throw more interest into it with more complex shading throughout the design ( they can cover the original and then do throughout (it might be the best way to make sure it is consistent anyway.

What sort of shading are you referring to?

Have you got any examples of tribal designs with similar shading?

sinoftheskin
    Participant
    @sinoftheskin

I will look for actual examples, but think of each “thick line” in the tribal design. They can do dark blue to light from top to bottom of each line, the design as a whole, etc. Or even Dark blue to silver, or blue to yellow to green, or other complimentary color schemes.

If it had some other type of “flow” or attribute, like shading, as opposed to just the lines, the eye would not be able to pick up the suddle lack of symetry. The issue is it would likely take longer and therefore cost more, but if that isn’t that big of an issue something like that might work.

I will also look for an example, but hopefully I described it better this time.

Here this might be an example:
    Img28623_matt2.jpg

Tit_For_Tatt
    Participant
    @tit_for_tatt

Ah I see what you mean. I’m not a fan of different coloured tattoos, meaning yellows etc specifically. Dark blue might work, it would probably mix in better anyway.

I noticed this design has some shading on the outside of the lines, I’m not sure if this would work/help, but I quite like how it looks:

my.php?image=backtatut7.jpg

Edit: Image didn’t seem to work, here’s the link:

http://img68.imageshack.us/my.php?image=backtatut7.jpg

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.