nuggins
Participant
@nuggins

After researching on web, it looks like I have an allergic reaction to red ink…anyone else have this happen? – what did you do? Honestly, I’m a bit freaked out…

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

I had an allergic reaction to one shade of red ink. It got real thick on my tattoo and it took at least six months to get back to normal. No itching, or blisters, just thick.

It was the Anthurium flower.

nuggins
Participant
@nuggins

hey man…how long ago was this?…did your body push any of the ink out to where you had to fix it? …did you ever go to the Dr.? – anything you can recommend to deal w/ it? …i can deal w/ months of this…if i have to get it lasered out or something i’m going to lose my mind…

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

@nuggins 144221 wrote:

hey man…how long ago was this?…did your body push any of the ink out to where you had to fix it? …did you ever go to the Dr.? – anything you can recommend to deal w/ it? …i can deal w/ months of this…if i have to get it lasered out or something i’m going to lose my mind…

I had it done in the fall of 2012. Both Anthony (artist) and I thought it would have to be retouched. When it was fully healed it looked great. No color loss or touch up.
I did have a case when I was allergic to a numbing agent he tried. My leg was swollen for almost two weeks.
I did stop using A&D ointment and Aquaphor because of the petroleum content. I now use a cocoa butter base ointment and I have no ink loss. (with A&D I had ink run out when I would shower)

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Yes red is a common color for people to have a reaction to. Take a Benadryl

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.