katec
    Participant
    @katec

I’m an aspiring tattoo artist, though I suspect I’m at least ten years from ever putting needle to flesh.

I’m a writer, and I earn just about enough to put some savings aside for my ‘plan’ of a future in tattooing. My obsession with tattooing started when I got my job writing, because one of the clients I work for is actually a reasonably big tattoo equipment supplier, so I started to learn about tattoos, the machines, the inks, the needles; now I find myself to be passionate about it all, but I haven’t got the money to give up my day job and get a low pay apprenticeship in a tattoo studio – and of course that’s only if I found one willing to pay.

I have no educational background where art is concerned – but I do love art and I do sketch and doodle at every opportunity, I’m not terrible – this is something I know I should work on.

What I want to know is, while I’m saving up before looking for an apprenticeship, what can I do to ensure I’m better prepared? Is there anything I can do to make it more likely I would get the apprenticeship? Are there any weekend or evening classes around the north east of England where I might be able to pick up some extra knowledge and skills that any of you are aware?

I would be grateful for any feedback or advice you may be able to offer.

Regards,
    Kate

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Hi Kate!

You must read the thread “So you want to be a tattoo artist?” It’s a “sticky” in the general discussion section.

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

What he said ^^^^. And take art classes. Lots of them.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

X3

……..

katec
    Participant
    @katec

Thanks everyone – the sticky was really helpful. Thank you all for taking the time to reply to me ๐Ÿ™‚

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@katec 139843 wrote:

Thanks everyone – the sticky was really helpful. Thank you all for taking the time to reply to me ๐Ÿ™‚

Glad we could help.

Keep us posted. Remember too, we like pictures!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.