AdamNC83
    Participant
    @adamnc83

Just read about the inks they use in UK as being carcinogenic. I’m kinda cuz my first tattoo was from Scotland.

Just wondering what you’re thoughts were. Should I be worried?

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

@AdamNC83 139329 wrote:

Just read about the inks they use in UK as being carcinogenic. I’m kinda cuz my first tattoo was from Scotland.

Worrying is the biggest killer 🙂

Dan
    Participant
    @dan

shit,walking down the street or eating red meat is more deadly than any tattoo ink I’ve ever seen !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF_8WDUt0bk

AdamNC83
    Participant
    @adamnc83

shit,walking down the street or eating red meat is more deadly than any tattoo ink I’ve ever seen !

Must have bought that red meat from Wal-Mart! LOL

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@AdamNC83 139329 wrote:

Yes

anonymous
    Participant
    @anonymous

@AdamNC83 139329 wrote:

All inks used all over the world (in most, but not all colors) contain carcinogenic substances. Considering the ink is trapped in the dermis, it’s unlikely to be too much to worry about. I’m quite health conscious so I put some thought into this as well, but in the end I decided f**k it. I’ll probably die in a car wreck or a street fight long before I die of cancer anyway.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

The EU has put out some VERY strict regulations when it comes to tattoo ink. They are honestly slightly ridiculous, because they banned ingredients where if you had a full bodysuit tattooed with just that ink, you’d still only get 0,1% of the amount that’s considered dangerous.
    So, inks used in Europe (as countries who are not part of the EU but EFTA also are subject to these rules) are generally very safe, at least if your artist follows these regulations. Now, not everyone does 100% because they are absolutely ridiculous and almost made tattooing illegal all together in Copenhagen, but generally it has increased the quality of ink being used, as manufacturers also have to consider these regulations.
    Now, all of this isn’t exactly public information, as it’s hardly interesting or relevant to most people, and sometimes BS articles etc surface that don’t consider this information.

Yeah you’ll be fine.

AdamNC83
    Participant
    @adamnc83

Thanx Pox and Defiance!!! I’m going to get more, but just concerned.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.