tremblers111
    Participant
    @tremblers111

Hi I was looking for some advice on a tattoo I’ve recently had done, I have already had 50 plus hours of tattoo time which has all been black and grey, but 2 weeks ago I got a tattoo done in a blue ink, it’s got what I’d call a brown tinge through it, is this because it’s still healing? Or some form of discolouring? I’m going in to see my artist in a week’s time but wondered if anyone had similar problems/experiences, thanks for any advice or information

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Could be just because its healing.
    Mine had a yellowish tone to them at first, which looked very odd. But my skin was just slightly infected, all healed up nicely 🙂
    But post a picture!

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi discolouration that is brownish or yellow can be a sign of infection or bruising of the epidermis (outer layer of skin). If you have any swelling, fever, shooting pains or it seems to be spreading you need antibiotics. Straight away do not ignore as could lead to blood poisoning.

Otherwise it should heal up within a couple of weeks and see how it looks after peeling.

Take care
    Matthew

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum!
    I have blue ink tattoos that healed fast, others have taken months.

How recent was yours done?

tremblers111
    Participant
    @tremblers111

Thanks both very much for your comments, I went to my doctor a week ago to have it checked and thankfully it wasn’t infected, I joined this forum this evening hoping for some form of answer and I feel you’ve both given me some peace of mind until I go and see my artist, after two weeks and noticing the brown tinge was not getting much better I thought I’d come on here and try get some advice, with it being my first colour tattoo it must just need more time to heal than I had anticipated, thanks again

tremblers111
    Participant
    @tremblers111

Hi Sam I only had it done 2 weeks ago today some parts are a nice colour of blue but other areas have a brownish tinge

ezrider
    Participant
    @ezrider

do you have some pictures you could post?

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@tremblers111 130297 wrote:

Hi Sam I only had it done 2 weeks ago today some parts are a nice colour of blue but other areas have a brownish tinge

That’s what I suspected. Give it time and it will be fine.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

yeah, it might actually just be a bruise.
    I bruise very easily, so I always get bruises from getting tattooed. One of the artists who worked on me tattoos very hard, and I had some massive bruising for weeks after doing the linework. Good thing you went to see a doctor, always a good idea to check with your artist if something seems wrong, and a doctor if you’re still worried.

gobeavers
    Participant
    @gobeavers

Months??? I didn’t realize it could take that long.

@Sam-I-Am 130294 wrote:

Welcome to the forum!
    I have blue ink tattoos that healed fast, others have taken months.

How recent was yours done?

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@gobeavers 130352 wrote:

Months??? I didn’t realize it could take that long.

Some red ink is worse. There are a lot of variables. Location on your body, brand of ink, the application of the ink. Just be patient.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.