CherryT95
    Participant
    @cherryt95

…So I’m new here, and know nothing about tattooing, except it hurts lol. 😮

I really really want a grey feather with two lines of black text over it (don’t shoot, I know alot of people don’t like text tats), however, I don’t know how well the black will turn out because I don’t want it too bold. Will it work, or should I reconsider the design, I want it on the back of my shoulder, so it can’t be huge. I also don’t want the grey to be so pale that it fades straight away…

I also have a couple of other questions :confused::o:confused::o

1) Why do tattoos go green? My dads are 18 and 20 years old respectively, is it just ageing, or something else? (because I really don’t want green tats, it’s totally not a colour that suits me)
    2) Where is the best place to get a one word tat, it can’t be anywhere on my arms/hands etc.?
    3) When is the best time of year to get a tattoo? I was thinking ’round about Christmas, because it won’t be exposed to any sun, and I’ll have time off to let it heal, but I heard you’re not supposed to cover them when they’re new, and I’ll probably be in 5 reindeer:rolleyes: jumpers at a time because I get cold really easily.

Thank you 🙂

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@CherryT95 129970 wrote:

1) Why do tattoos go green? My dads are 18 and 20 years old respectively, is it just ageing, or something else? (because I really don’t want green tats, it’s totally not a colour that suits me)
    2) Where is the best place to get a one word tat, it can’t be anywhere on my arms/hands etc.?
    3) When is the best time of year to get a tattoo? I was thinking ’round about Christmas, because it won’t be exposed to any sun, and I’ll have time off to let it heal, but I heard you’re not supposed to cover them when they’re new, and I’ll probably be in 5 reindeer:rolleyes: jumpers at a time because I get cold really easily.

1 Inks are a lot better now days and should stay well as long as you protect it.
    2 Your buttocks if you can’t have it exposed or wait until you are ready to make such decisions
    3 any time is a good time to get tattooed

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

3. Avoid tax season. Shops tend to get busier than usual. 😉

CherryT95
    Participant
    @cherryt95

lol thanks guys

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Just realize that a feather&text tattoo is one of the most common, most popular tattoos these days. If you use enough black, anything will contrast well.
    You’re fine to cover your tattoo when its new, just be careful. Keep it out of sun, bathing etc for 4 weeks. If you have to wear some dirty costume, cover it in a bandage while you’re in it and clean it as soon as you can. Fall is a good time to get tattooed, shops are usually a bit slower and you have plenty of time to let it heal.

Honestly, rethink it. You’re looking to get a one word text tattoo, and a feather tattoo… Very common tattoos. A one word tattoo will look good on a small bodypart, etc your wrist, back of your neck, such places. But think about what you actually want, not what you’ve seen a lot around and think is pretty. In five years you’ll be sitting there with five friends who have almost identical tattoos. Get something personal, get a work of art! You’ll be much prouder of it, I promise you. Think about what you want your tattoo to say, talk to some artists or ask on here. I’m sure you’ll be able to find something that suits you perfectly.

Ink has improved greatly the past years, and your tattoos are very unlikely to turn green. They will fade, but unless you go to some shitty artist with terrible ink, they should stay black.

If you HAVE to get a feather, get a realistic one. Which means they will use washed out black or grey in it, and it will look much better. If you go to a good artist, it won’t fade that quickly either.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Howdy,

Whatever tattoo you get, be sure to get a really good artist to do it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.