Dubbmented
    Participant
    @dubbmented

Hey guys, I really need some suggestions from some tattoo enthusiasts before I go running to a new artists.
    So here’s a quick background.. I got a sleeve done about a year ago, and I love it, except for a few problems..
    My artist who did it, firstly didn’t do it correctly now that I come to think of it.. He said my arms were too skinny for him to sketch our a full sleeve piece.
    Now if he would of done this there wouldn’t have been a problem ! He slapped on everything individually, and then the problem came right at the end when he “filled” it in with color. I absoloutley hate the orange and yellow color he chose, and it’s pretty much ruined my expectation of sleeve now. I left it up to him because he was doing so well on the rest and now I need some suggestions..

I have thought from everywhere to Laser removal to adding some black shading a black image ? I don’t know.

Oh and he does not live around my area anymore, so going to him is out of the questions.. So before you say “Just go to an artists and discuss it with them”. I’d rather know what I want then I came bring all the info to a new artists I’ve found.. I’m going to attach some pictures.

Any suggestions guys on how I can save it ? I’d appreciate any ideas. Thank you so much.. I’ve put alot of pain, money and time into it. and I’m upset that I’m no happy with it at the moment.

Dubbmented
    Participant
    @dubbmented

Hey guys.

I need some suggestions, before you say “go speak to an artist”.. I usually like to know what I want before I go see someone.
    I completed a sleeve about a year ago, and the artist really did something that ruined everything I loved about it.
    He used a FLURO yellow and orange to fill in the gaps, totally giving away what feel my sleeve was trying to be.
    I left it up to him because he was doing so well on the rest, and the last session was where everything went wrong..

I love my upper arm, but my forearm needs some desperate fixing.. I can’t put my finger on what’s wrong with it. and I’m really upset about it.
    Before he filled it in (which I now regret, I wish I just had the individual pieces).. I really loved it, and now it just dosen’t look right.

He does not live in my area anymore, So I can’t go back to him.. and I really need some suggestions on how to cover most of the bright bright colours.
    I have thought from everywhere to laser removal to maybe adding some grey/black shading… or a black image in there.

2lcaefr.jpg

2mdkw9g.jpg

idc0at.jpg

Any thoughts guys ? Thanks so much.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum!

I looked at your album earlier. I think you have some nice work there. I didn’t take exception to the bright orange and yellow till you mentioned it.

I’m no expert, but I think that can be toned down some.

Good luck, keep us posted.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

I also think it looks fine but what do I know 🙂

Dubbmented
    Participant
    @dubbmented

Thanks for the replies..

This forum structure is strange and frustrating, It’s extremeley slow. and I have no Idea why a thread that I posted in “Inked” ended up in here.. Can a mod delete the duplicate thread and move “My sleeve” To the inked thread..

Anyway back on topic, how do you mean town down ? Like add a colour over it ? I was thinking in the empty space where I still have skin.. maybe add some black smoke or something ? n a big black sillhouette of a bird or key just something to break up that yellow ?

How would lazer respond to those colours ? Is it worth even looking into.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Dubbmented 129599 wrote:

Anyway back on topic, how do you mean town down ? Like add a colour over it ? I was thinking in the empty space where I still have skin.. maybe add some black smoke or something ? n a big black sillhouette of a bird or key just something to break up that yellow ?

What I said was TONED down. By that I meant to go over with a more subtle color. Don’t even consider a black silhouette.

I’m really sorry you don’t like what you have

Dubbmented
    Participant
    @dubbmented

I feel like its too of an empty space to just colour in with a flat colour. He put no effort into it, a 10 year old could of coloured that bit just as good.

Why you say no to a black silhouette ?

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

I like everything about it except the eye.
    The colors yellow and orange should be easy to cover into darker colors but lasering yellow and orange is a bitch.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Dubbmented 129601 wrote:

I feel like its too of an empty space to just colour in with a flat colour. He put no effort into it, a 10 year old could of coloured that bit just as good.

Why you say no to a black silhouette ?

I think black silhouettes would look like crap. If that’s what you want, get it.

Dubbmented
    Participant
    @dubbmented

Thanks for the feedback guys, I will take it into consideration!

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

@Dubbmented 129599 wrote:

This forum structure is strange and frustrating, It’s extremeley slow. and I have no Idea why a thread that I posted in “Inked” ended up in here.. Can a mod delete the duplicate thread and move “My sleeve” To the inked thread..

All three of your first posts were automatically moderated, and since all three contained more or less the same information, all three were combined into one when I approved them. I have moved “My sleeve” back to it’s own thread, as it should be.

As for the orange and yellow, I can understand why you don’t like it, but I believe putting black in there would just drain all the life out of this beautifully colorful sleeve. Those colors should be easy enough to change slightly so they are more pleasing to you, without losing the vibrancy of the sleeve’s color scheme.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.