dubman
    Participant
    @dubman

Iv just finished my second black and grey japanese sleeve and next looking to get my lower leg tattoo from my ankle to just above my knee. I’m not really sure wether to stick with Black and grey or go for a bright colour piece. Don’t want it to look ‘off’ or unusual as I’ve not seen any pics of this. What’s people’s opinions ? Does anybody have any pics of mixed pieces??

Thanks

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

For me, I like color, but, I’ve seen some nice black and grey on others.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Go for it dude

tyler%20jones%20water%20mark%20.jpg

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Go for it dude

tyler%20jones%20water%20mark%20.jpg

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

That’s one nice tattoo butt!

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

JasonCornell.jpg

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Awesome!..

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

Hey mate, I am contemplating a similar thing. At the moment I have a B/G sleeve with hints of colour and it works quite well 🙂

dubman
    Participant
    @dubman

Awesome pieces!!

I’m talking more about that I have two black and grey sleeves but I’m not sure wether to go for a big bright colour leg. Or keep with the black and grey for my leg also… Keeping with the tone with my arms?

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Go for it there are no rules

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Who cares if ones all b&g and ones color. As long as its quality work I wouldn’t care.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Some girl on here had a B&W tattoo with just some color and it was gorgeous.

But let’s be honest, anything looks better on a pretty girl.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@GrayCatLove 128860 wrote:

But let’s be honest, anything looks better on a pretty girl.

Like my…. oh never mind

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

I think that really well done B&G can look amazing next to colour work, but poorly done B&G will just look unfinished. So, like every question here, the answer is to find the right artist.

I love my colour tattoos, but when I see exquisite B&G it almost makes me wish that I didn’t start out with all this colour. And the B&G with a hint of colour – like with pink cherry blossoms or something – I really love how that looks. Love it!!!

I may work in some B&G somehow, somewhere. Some day. (I’m actually on a long long waiting list for something by a B&G artist.) But for now I’m gonna stick with rich, saturated colour. Although, for an upcoming appointment in October I sent 5 pictures to the artist and told him to pick one and surprise me, and a couple of those are mostly B&G. So it may be sooner than I think. Oohhhh, the suspense!

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@Call_me_Lola 128904 wrote:

I love my colour tattoos, but when I see exquisite B&G it almost makes me wish that I didn’t start out with all this colour. And the B&G with a hint of colour – like with pink cherry blossoms or something – I really love how that looks. Love it!!!

I may work in some B&G somehow, somewhere. Some day. (I’m actually on a long long waiting list for something by a B&G artist.) But for now I’m gonna stick with rich, saturated colour. Although, for an upcoming appointment in October I sent 5 pictures to the artist and told him to pick one and surprise me, and a couple of those are mostly B&G. So it may be sooner than I think. Oohhhh, the suspense!

Boy, can I relate. It’s always harder to start with color and work in a black and gray piece than the other way around. I’m trying to find a spot for a black and gray Halloween piece I’d like someday.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.