Gavv
    @

Hi, i turn 18 next Tuesday and i told my parents i wanted a tattoo so they said they would pay for it.

Im budgeted to ยฃ50 which where i lives really doesn’t go far in established parlous.

im looking for something small which can be included in to a sleeve once i can afford it. I want it to resemble change and to remind me that life is to short.

As im a student graphic designer i love white space and minimal designs so minimal is preferred.

if anyone has any ideas could you please post a picture or your idea as a comment ๐Ÿ˜€

Much appreciated,

Gavv

Panter
    Participant
    @panter

YOLO?

No, don’t do that, I’m joking…
    Seriously, give it a few more Years until you decide what you really want. A ยฃ50.00 tattoo isn’t going to form any part of a meaningful sleeve in my opinion.

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

you are not ready for a tattoo. save up to get something nice. dont rush it.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

Agree with the others, you will regret that ยฃ50 tattoo later down the line and either want it covered up or lasered off.

Save, save and save and get a kick arse piece done. Just research artists and do not go into your local shit shop ๐Ÿ™‚

argedion
    Participant
    @argedion

^^^^ What they said

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

get this:

No I’m going to jump on the bandwagon save your money not just the 50 quid but the money you’ll have to pay the laser clinic. Wait until you are a bit more mature and be able to pay for and pick your own tattoo.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

What everybody else said!

(Welcome to the forum!)

Check out: HELP! Need new tatt. That could be you!

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

@Gavv 127799 wrote:

I want it to resemble change and to remind me that life is too short.

Sorry but I agree with what everyone else here is telling you.

Your budget is just too small, for one thing. You are going to end up with a crappy small tattoo, and if you are planning a sleeve later on either the artist is going to have to work around the crappy little tattoo, or you are going to have to spend even more money getting it lasered off before they can start.

If you are planning a sleeve later then LEAVE YOUR ARM BLANK. Let them start with a clean slate when you can afford a sleeve.

Also, if you don’t even know what you want to get THEN YOU ARE NOT READY TO GET A TATTOO!! Period.

Start saving now. Put that original money aside and keep adding to it until:
    a) you have enough to get a nice piece from a really good tattoo artist and
    b) you know what image you want to have on your body for the rest of your life

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

What was said above, but at the end of the day your going to get it done anyway so get a tribal lion head.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

The last thread like this I was so grumpy and nasty, I think someone’s going to smother me if I do it again. So here’s the nice version:

A tattoo forum is a great place for tattoo newbies. (Will everyone pardon the portmanteau “tattoobies?” I really love portmanteaus.) It’s good for those like myself who just have a small handful, or the old seasoned folks who look like they belong in the Yakuza.

A tattoo is a permanent decision about your body. Like plastic surgery, you’re making a life-altering choice that is impossible to permanently really take back. Listen to me. I’m a nurse, tattooed, and have had more than one… alteration. I know what the fuck I’m talking about. READ. If you start to get bored or nod off, pinch yourself and keep reading. Wish someone would have said this to me on my first adventure in body mod.

You and only you need to know what you want done. However, any hominid with more than half an inch of forehead goes in with research, advice, and references. Come back when you have an idea. Doesn’t have to be a terribly well-developed idea, and no one has the right to belittle your idea and the grown-ups here won’t do that. If you want a tattoo based on the children’s book Goodnight, Moon, but need it covered up and not overwhelming, I’ll bet you dollars to donuts someone here can and will help with a more developed idea, style, and even maybe an artist within a two hour drive if you’re a Westerner. If you want something simple and more common (nothing wrong with a common tattoo, I have a big rose on my side), people can help you here to form ideas on how to make it your own.

However, you’re not even close to having the mindset to make such a body-altering choice. If you were my child, I’d pay for a piercing and tell you NOT to get a tattoo until you could answer my questions. (I know. I’m going to be like Joan Crawford and Roseanne Barr’s lovechild when I have a kid. I can’t wait to be a mom!)

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Did I done close the library? Ain’t no one reading and replying after I say anything. ๐Ÿ˜› Should I go sulk now?

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

@GrayCatLove 127846 wrote:

Did I done close the library? Ain’t no one reading and replying after I say anything. ๐Ÿ˜› Should I go sulk now?

I read it ๐Ÿ™‚

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@GrayCatLove 127846 wrote:

You said it all. No words left.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@Sam-I-Am 127852 wrote:

You said it all. No words left.

@peterpoose 127849 wrote:

I read it ๐Ÿ™‚

I shall refrain from sulking. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

@GrayCatLove 127854 wrote:

I shall refrain from sulking. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I suspect that the OP is doing enough sulking for this thread.

I’m not sure he got the responses he was looking for, but I bet his parents would have liked what has been said here.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.