GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Got any?

I have lots of ideas I’m kicking around – I’d like a Thai style black and white tiger. I’m also considering getting a maneki neko tattoo that’s colored like my cat, and possibly adding that to my right thigh that I want to be a Japanese sleeve some day

I know I’d also like a tree tattoo someday, but don’t have a clear vision of what or where I want it yet.

What half-formed ideas are you kicking around your brain for future tattoos?

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

I have a cool velveteen dog that is so old that it is stuffed with straw. Many times I’ve thought about trying to get picture of it tattooed, but could never figure out how to come up with a good tattoo-able image for it.

Recently my brother found out I had an appointment coming up and he suggested a “a teddy bear with one button eye, giving the finger”, then he added “and holding a bottle of Jack”. Hmmmm. Not for this appointment, but maybe. For some reason I keep picturing it. My brother has no tattoos at all, and this is the first suggestion that he has given me. I guess I won’t be too surprised if I decide to get the teddy bear instead. It would be my brother’s tattoo, just on me.

He says it won’t be rude, because teddy bears only have three fingers. 😉

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Could you take the velveteen dog to a tattooist, I wonder?

The teddy sounds adorable. I don’t have any “cute” tattoos like a lot of women have, and like you, I’m thinking about a “cute” one with the kitty tattoo. But first I’ll do my scar coverup, and then take a break.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

A tree would be great for working into your Japanese theme. I would suggest Japanese Thread Leaf Maple (acer palmatum dissectum) or the red version, Red Japanese Thread Leaf Maple. There is also a Japanese “Butterfly” Maple that has leaves of red, green, and white.
    Ginko would be good, or Japanese Black (really dark green) pine tree. Bon Sai trees add a different dimension to smaller locations on your body.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Hadn’t even considered a bonsai on the thigh, but that would work fairly well. Thank you. I’m thinking that would work well if I threw a maneki neko in there… Perhaps some filler of some Butterfly Maple for something different. So many good ideas, Sam. You really know your florae!

Got any tattoo plans for the future, Sam?

clay1680
    @

I have so many in mind i cant decide where to start…i want a stomach piece next of my pic i put up under new watercolor and a gargoyle on thw inside of my rite arm to finish off my half sleeve…also getting a realistic portrait of a bear on the back of my calf…those are all withing the next cpl months…

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@GrayCatLove 126750 wrote:

Got any tattoo plans for the future, Sam?

The flowers, vines, and lizards will continue up my right side. About my pelvic region will morph into bio-mechanical flowers, reptiles, and such. Tentative plans for my lower right arm are a broken lobster trap. From the trap will emerge a large lobster on my shoulder with the tail hanging down my upper arm. There will be a claw down my back, and the main claw hanging down my chest and grabbing my right nipple. My son’s girlfriend is a highly trained comic artist and she gave me some awesome artwork for a veloceraptor. This may go on my left side on my back and be reaching for the lobster claw. Lindsay Wilson did the West African Rainbow lizard on my leg, and she will be working with Anthony Zamora on the back piece.
    Then I have the left side!

Amok
    Participant
    @amok

I have a tonne of half formed ideas, mostly traditional American style. Top of the list is a dagger or panther with a snake wrapped around.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

I have quiet a few ideas but at the moment I have just placements for them which may change due to the artist deciding 🙂

I want a whole surreal world war 3 type one. A horse lady as a rib piece lol Seven deadly sins but done in a strange way, already have the idea for this.

I have my mother picking stuff out that are close to her heart and I will make a sleeve or chest piece for my mum who is getting on abit. Finally a tattoo that has some meaning lol

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

I also have an idea that I am not sure could work, of using all traditional tattoos and turning them into this new style of art thats around nowdays 🙂

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

@peterpoose 126755 wrote:

I have my mother picking stuff out that are close to her heart and I will make a sleeve or chest piece for my mum who is getting on abit.

What a cool idea. You are a good son!

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

I have nothing BUT half-formed (or mostly-formed) ideas. They will have to wait until I can afford to trapse around the world in search of a proper artist, or until one such magically appears here in Iceland 🙂

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

My back is largely an unspoiled canvas, and while I want a tattoo there, what I want there changes from minute to minute on some days. I’m impressed how many of you people have really good (albeit, not fully realized) tattoo ideas.

argedion
    Participant
    @argedion

I want to get an realistic owl on my leg after I finish my floyd sleeve. other than that I have some idea’s but nothing solid. Was thinking of a weeping willow on me somewhere as that is my favorite tree. I am also thinking of a lion an tiger and maybe an eagle and wolf as far as animals go. not sure what else at the moment but i’m sure there will be more

Thaela
    Participant
    @thaela

I’m due in 3-4 weeks and would like to get a motherhood celtic knot at some point, but I have no idea where I’d want it. Don’t know if I want another one on my back where I can’t see and enjoy it!

symbol-for-motherhood_zps8ed1b087.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.