scooterman
    Participant
    @scooterman

Thanks to all for the advice and guidance on my ideas. I’m still digging the music theme but wanted some input.

I’m a drummer and I didn’t want the usual drum set or flaming drumsticks I see everywhere. My idea is a portrait of a left hand holding a stick with traditional grip which is how I play. This sounds cheesy but my middle school band director wrote a quote in my yearbook: “May music keep you true” to me meaning let music ground you and keep you from taking wrong turns in life. This has stuck with me for 25+ years so I thought it would be cool to have that text on a floating music staff or something.

Looking for upper arm or shoulder blade. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Just trying to come up with something original that an artist can run with.

http://mhjt2013.tumblr.com/image/48121549868

scooterman
    Participant
    @scooterman

Thanks for the constructive criticism and good ideas. I now realize the first sketch I posted was not a good idea.

Here is a different direction and I wanted get some input and thoughts in this.

I’m a drummer and music is and always be a passion. I didn’t want the typical drum set or flaming drumsticks I always see. So I had this idea of a left hand holding a drumstick along with a quote from a very inspirational teacher I had while in school. Maybe floating music staff with some notes. This is just a concept but do you think it could evolve into a decent tattoo? Any thoughts or ideas are welcome.

http://mhjt2013.tumblr.com/image/48121549868

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

Welcome to the forum sounds good be sure you post pictures when you’re tattoo is completed.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@Wardy 126235 wrote:

Welcome to the forum sounds good be sure you post pictures when you’re tattoo is completed.

ward you’re= you are your =their possession

Op go for it

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

your-your.jpg

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Perhaps some musical notations strictly for the drums. Something to make other DRUMMERS say “Fuck man! That’s awesome! (Welcome to the forum!)
    What type of music do you play?
    The hand looks good, but the music wafting along doesn’t look very “percussion” to me.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.