Ben9393
    Participant
    @ben9393

It just popped into my head an was wondering could yoU still be a tattooist or a piercer if you had HIV or hepatitis or a spreadable disease it’s just out of curiosity because I’m sure there are some as HIV can go unnoticed.

Any knowledge on this would be nice it’s just something I don’t know about would it be legal to still do there job if they took the right precautions.

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

Well first thing is if they didn’t know about it theres nothing they could do so it would have to be fine wouldn’t it, but if they knew about it i think they would be advised not to. It all depends on whether they are a honest person because they could have it and just not tell anybody.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

A reputable shop has all kinds of information that you must read and sign before any work takes place. Sickness and diseases are all covered in these forms. The shop I go to has a sign; If you are drunk, sick, dirty, smelly, or obnoxious, come back when you’re not. This goes for employees too.
    If you’re getting a tattoo in a garage, or on somebody’s kitchen table? Good luck!

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

@Sam-I-Am 126078 wrote:

A reputable shop has all kinds of information that you must read and sign before any work takes place. Sickness and diseases are all covered in these forms. The shop I go to has a sign; If you are drunk, sick, dirty, smelly, or obnoxious, come back when you’re not. This goes for employees too.
    If you’re getting a tattoo in a garage, or on somebody’s kitchen table? Good luck!

what you said basicly had nothing to do with what he asked. He asked if you could be a tattoo artist if you have a disease like Hiv.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Wardy 126080 wrote:

what you said basicly had nothing to do with what he asked. He asked if you could be a tattoo artist if you have a disease like Hiv.

Not legally in Pennsylvania, USA

Ben9393
    Participant
    @ben9393

I was only wondering thats all i get my tattoos done in a shop that has papers like that too i wasnt asking because i get them in a garage. Just makes me wonder coz what they do outside a shop like sex if a partner ha cheated they could have hiv for years but with the precautions they take im sure its ok do they have to be checked for diseases regularly?

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

If you contract (and are aware of it) a communicable disease you are required to report it to everyone concerned.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.