Danielle Marie
    Participant
    @danielle-marie

What are some things you love about tattoos? Maybe it’s because I am going through the healing process right now. But I love when the first layer of skin peels away and your new fresh inked skin starts to emerge!

What do you love about your tattoos? Or about getting tattoos?

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

Well the first thing is i hate aftercare, i enjoy being tattooed but when the tattoo is complete it’s just a pain in the arse. As for when there healed i can’t remember a time when i didn’t love tattoo’s and also can not remember a time when i didn’t want to be covered in them.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

Most annoying things for me are seeing less and less skin each visit, one day will be full and no more tattoos 🙁

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

I like imagining what my new tattoo is going to look like. I probably spend way too much time planning it and thinking about it and trying to picture it. Especially since I tend to just give the artist my concept and then let them run with it. I guess it is all part of the anticipation. Love the anticipation.

Then when I’m getting the tattoo I don’t watch as it progresses. I try to only take a couple of peeks. Because I love that feeling of looking at it when it is complete and finding an absolutely amazing wonderful tattoo. It is always so much better than anything that I imagined. The talented artist I use here has an amazing ability to give me something so different than I pictured but also at the same time, exactly what I asked for. I don’t know how she does it. She taught me to trust in the artist, and it has worked brilliantly for me. (This only works if you pick great tattooers – so I try to do that part.) So I love that first look!!

And something specific that I love about one of my tattoos: The tailfeathers and roses of my peacock tattoo run down the outside of my thigh and wrap a bit around the back and front. While I am shaving my legs I love watching the beautiful colours appear through the shaving cream, one strip at a time. It is cool every time and it just never gets old.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

I actually enjoy the aftercare process. I enjoy wound care as a nurse and I love to see the process of something healing.

I enjoy how they compliment my personality: Beauty and art and culture-loving, nerdy.

I enjoy how sometimes they have a function: Like the upcoming one to cover my tumor scar with something lovely.

I love how they remind me being in a certain profession doesn’t mean I have to fit in a certain box.

I love the people they’ve allowed me to meet and how I’ve even changed some perspectives on tattoos.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

I like that they make me a real bad ass

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

For me personally I love planning my tattoo and then imagining it in my mind before going in. Also, the shop I go to is always awesome, always a great atmosphere and my artist is pretty talkative and we always share stories, ideas, memories, etc. I am also extremely addicted to the pain, they are a great stress reliever or well at least I think so. The minute that machine starts and the needles pierce my skin everything just disappears and I actually relax. As far as the healing process goes, it’s a pain in the butt for sure. I hate having a brand new tattoo and trying to keep out of the sun and everything. It’s mostly annoying to try and take care of it while I’m at work but I love all the compliments I receive. I get compliments still even on my older pieces.

I guess you could say I personally love everything about tattoos. I’ve loved tattoos since I was young, definitely don’t think that’ll ever go away 🙂

Panter
    Participant
    @panter

I don’t know what it is for me, I really don’t. I don’t even like the pain at the time but even that’s got something soothing about it.
    I just know that I love ’em, I’ve got nothing booked this Year and I need to do something about it!!

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

I’m with buttwheat on this one.
    I like it when I catch someone (male or female) looking at my tattoos. Then I make eye contact with them and wink.

Off topic.
    One time I was at a shop sitting out front during a smoke break. Everyone was heavily tattooed. A barely legal white girl walked up and was all like
    “I wanna get all tatted up like you dudes” made me laugh. A lot. Then she got her ears pierced.

Danielle Marie
    Participant
    @danielle-marie

What great responses! I also don’t mind the healing process. There is something very human to me about having to nurse a wound. And a beautiful wound makes it that much better! (Ok…I’m a bit twisted)!

I also love the planning, the excitement of getting it done and the attention I get from having them. I also love breaking some stereo types about people with tattoos. As I am a 40 year old mom of two kids and live a very regular life. (How ever there will always be a little Goth girl inside me) 🙂

Thanks for sharing your personal stories and your love of tattoos. They have all made me smile!

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@jerryatrophy 126070 wrote:

I’m with buttwheat on this one.
    I like it when I catch someone (male or female) looking at my tattoos. Then I make eye contact with them and wink.

I like the feeling of being unique. It is cool to catch someone looking. Am I flattered that girls come up and chat with a 57 year old fart? Fuck yes! It wouldn’t happen without being tattooed.

“The only thing worse than being talked about, is NOT being talked about” (Oscar Wilde)

argedion
    Participant
    @argedion

I love tattoo’s because they are bridge the Generational GAP. They have existed for thousands of years. I love the pure raw beauty that they possess. There is a link for all of us that have them a bond if you will.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.