anonymous1508
    Participant
    @anonymous1508

first and foremost, please do not waste my time saying to “earn” my ink and enjoy the experience, i have plenty of ink and have gotten all of it sober (barring my chest where i tried “hush”). I’m looking for peoples experience with narcotic/non narcotic script pain killers. I am scheduled to do my left leg ankle to knee in one sitting with two artists estimated time 9 hours in one sitting so pain killers will be a MUST. id rather stick to non narcotic like tramadol if possible seeing as how im not looking to get doped up just something to help. my plan is to try and make it 4 hours with hush, use vasocaine as long as i can after that then switch to pills. any advice? personal experiences?

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

I’ve done a 9 hour day before only the last hour started to really bother me, just man up and get your tattoo done without people laughing at you whilst getting it done.

anonymous1508
    Participant
    @anonymous1508

right but 9 hours is one thing, two artists at the same time at 9 hours is another. im looking at all options

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

I did 70 hours in a week without anything and a 12 hour session. If you cant handle it why not just take 2 sessions? You don’t have to torture yourself lol

anonymous1508
    Participant
    @anonymous1508

these artists want to compete at a state convention thus the ink must be done there, open to close, and we have a whole saturday to do it. i know i can do this without the meds just doesn’t mean i want to. i sat 10 hours on my back when i was younger but now… i just feel “old” and want that extra oomph

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

@peterpoose 125038 wrote:

I did 70 hours in a week without anything and a 12 hour session. If you cant handle it why not just take 2 sessions? You don’t have to torture yourself lol

…70 hours in 1 week? you just made people under the definition of hardcore into pussys. Jesus christ that is dedication. I bet the aftercare was a pain in the arse.

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

One word to the op: pussy.

anonymous1508
    Participant
    @anonymous1508

@yodaddynukka 125042 wrote:

One word to the op: pussy.

lol say what you will, i feel differently, ive done plenty of painful things, conch punches, flat punches, genital beading, head splitting, dead man, faulkner and chest suspensions amongst other things, it all hurt a lot but im just done with the extreme pain i just want to get the best ink i can which means sitting the best i can for these artists. if i do this sober so be it, doesn’t mean im not going to try and find something first though.

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

@anonymous1508 125043 wrote:

lol say what you will, i feel differently, ive done plenty of painful things, conch punches, flat punches, genital beading, head splitting, dead man, faulkner and chest suspensions amongst other things, it all hurt a lot but im just done with the extreme pain i just want to get the best ink i can which means sitting the best i can for these artists. if i do this sober so be it, doesn’t mean im not going to try and find something first though.

could you please explain why you did head splitting, genitel bleeding etc… And also, why can’t you just be a normal person get comfy and get tattooed and not whine about it. There scraping metal through your skin it’s going to hurt.

anonymous1508
    Participant
    @anonymous1508

beading, not bleeding. i have my reasons, of course its going to hurt but i need to sit appropriately aka least discomfort as possible.

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

@anonymous1508 125045 wrote:

of course its going to hurt but i need to sit appropriately aka least discomfort as possible.

that could go for anybody who get’s tattooed though but other people manage it fine, end of the day it’s up to you just trying to understand when you could just sit down and let them get on with there job.

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

I’ve had an artist offer to use a little bactine (wiped on, NOT SPRAYED) at about the 6 hour mark. It helped A LOT, but it has to be re-applied about every 20 minutes. Can only be used after all the skin is already “broken”. He diluted it in water and wiped it on.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

One time while the ball of my ankle was getting done the artist offered a numbing cream. I accepted and almost went to the hospital. My leg was severly swollen for over a week because of an alergic reaction.

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

i have 140+hrs of ink and i have never used pain killers/creams.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

@Wardy 125041 wrote:

…70 hours in 1 week? you just made people under the definition of hardcore into pussys. Jesus christ that is dedication. I bet the aftercare was a pain in the arse.

lol yeah for the Dmitriy sleeve 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.