Its Me
    Participant
    @its-me

Hey ๐Ÿ™‚ I am trying to incorporate tattoos in children’s books and I’d like for anyone interested to check out my new book :

Rainbow Colored Skin A Father-Son Tattoo Tale de Hannah Barnes (Couverture souple)ย 

Sorry I am not trying to spam or anything just proud of my work and I’d like to be a pioneer for a brand new genre of children’s books.

argedion
    Participant
    @argedion

Looks interesting. I’ve wondered what children sometimes thinks of their parents with tatt’s my own are old enough where they want or have already started getting them. My 20 year old has a low tolerance to pain and got one on the foot. Not sure if she will try to do anymore or not the way she screamed when getting it. My youngest wants a tattoo but we told her the same as we told the oldest one. Not until your 18. Not to be the devils advocate or anything but why incorporate tattoo’s in childrens books? I’m not sure how I feel about that. Never even thought of it until now but it is a part of our society now and I think it will be interesting to see if our grandchildren carry on the tradition of getting tatt’s. I love my ink and want more will they feel the same or will growing up around it deter them from wanting to do the same as their parents/grandparents?

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

Good idea!

Do I get a signed copy ๐Ÿ˜›

Its Me
    Participant
    @its-me

My biggest motivation to writing this book was my own son not bring able to relate his mom and dad to any of the characters in his own children’s books. I think with the growing number of tattooed parents many children feel this same way. I would also like to help break the negative stigma tattoos have and I believe if tattooed adults were in children’s book (not all but a certain genre) it will help children accept diversity and not see tattooed adults as scary for those that don’t have tattooed parents.

Thaela
    Participant
    @thaela

Congrats on your book! That’s really something to be proud of to be published ๐Ÿ™‚

@Its Me 124320 wrote:

My biggest motivation to writing this book was my own son not bring able to relate his mom and dad to any of the characters in his own children’s books. I think with the growing number of tattooed parents many children feel this same way. I would also like to help break the negative stigma tattoos have and I believe if tattooed adults were in children’s book (not all but a certain genre) it will help children accept diversity and not see tattooed adults as scary for those that don’t have tattooed parents.

Interesting, I never really thought of that. I guess some of it comes down to parents who may treat tattoo’d people differently or talk about them negatively in front of their children. I think some people are just closed-minded. Like my mother-in-law who thinks tattoos are soooo bad – which is the reason I never told her I got any. If I were to tell her now that I’ve had 3 tattoos for the past few years, she’d probably wonder how she didn’t know sooner…. well it’s because I’m the same person I’ve always been!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.