Thaela
    Participant
    @thaela

I am currently 6 1/2 months pregnant and have started having a lot of lower back pain at work. I want to try an icy hot patch since I can just stick it on and continue working, but it’s directly over my lower back tattoo.

I’m thinking its probably safe since its not a new tattoo or anything, but I’ve never used one of these patches before and just thought I’d ask. I don’t want to do anything bad to my tattoo!

Thanks guys ๐Ÿ™‚

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

@Thaela 124013 wrote:

I am currently 6 1/2 months pregnant and have started having a lot of lower back pain at work. I want to try an icy hot patch since I can just stick it on and continue working, but it’s directly over my lower back tattoo.

I’m thinking its probably safe since its not a new tattoo or anything, but I’ve never used one of these patches before and just thought I’d ask. I don’t want to do anything bad to my tattoo!

Thanks guys ๐Ÿ™‚

I would guess its totally safe as its healed ๐Ÿ™‚

msmercury
    Participant
    @msmercury

I would think it is fine to use. But on a more exciting note, Congratulations! Looking forward to baby pics in the future! I became a grandma 7 months ago. I now have a beautiful 7-month old grandson. I’m just loving taking care of him everyday. Take care! ๐Ÿ™‚

Thaela
    Participant
    @thaela

Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚ And congrats to you too! This will be our first, a boy, so big life changes ahead ๐Ÿ™‚

I used the patch today and took it off after work, and it doesn’t look like any harm was done to the tattoo. I’m just paranoid since I love that tattoo and didn’t want to compromise it somehow.

Thanks for the replies ๐Ÿ™‚

anonymous
    Participant
    @anonymous

Nah it’ll be fine.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Once the tattoo heals it is pretty much just normal skin that hates the sun so I would say it’s fine.

Congrats having a kid changes your life forever (for the good)

Thaela
    Participant
    @thaela

@buttwheat 124059 wrote:

Once the tattoo heals it is pretty much just normal skin that hates the sun so I would say it’s fine.[/quote]
    Yeah that’s kinda what I thought, but just thought I’d ask anyway to be sure.

@buttwheat 124059 wrote:

Congrats having a kid changes your life forever (for the good)

Thanks buttwheat ๐Ÿ™‚ That’s what I hear, and we are excited. It’s hard to imagine life with a kid, but it’s going to become a reality pretty quick heh

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Thaela 124071 wrote:

It’s hard to imagine life with a kid, but it’s going to become a reality pretty quick heh

Our son George is 25 years old. Where the fuck did the time go? Cherrish every blessed moment.
    Having him was the best thing we’ve ever done. Best wishes, and keep us posted!

Thaela
    Participant
    @thaela

Thank you very much! ๐Ÿ™‚

The hard part is picking a name. Especially for a boy. Girls names are much easier!

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Thaela 124098 wrote:

Thank you very much! ๐Ÿ™‚

The hard part is picking a name. Especially for a boy. Girls names are much easier!

For many years my family named their children after other family members. I am one of five Sam’s.
    There is no other George! He was named after three people I knew named George that were outstanding in one way or another.
    His middle name “Ray” for my grandfather of whom I had a real solid bond.

iggybuddi
    Participant
    @iggybuddi

Congrats! What name did you pick?

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

You gonna name him after me? Butt

Thaela
    Participant
    @thaela

Well, butt, it was on my list but hubby veto’d it – sorry ๐Ÿ˜›

We know the middle name will be James (my hubby and his father’s name). We didn’t want another James as a first name because my hubby has always been annoyed about having the same name as his dad – too many issues will each other’s mail going to the wrong house, and even an issue with credit reports. It’s just a pain in the ass.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.