Bribrihate
    Participant
    @bribrihate

@buttwheat 121217 wrote:

Can you tell me why? see it’s hard to explain but you no shit when you see it.

You could try Black 13 Tattoo Marty, TimmyB , or Josh would knock the fuck out of that if you would allow them to do their own take on it and then your walking around with an original tattoo not one that thousands and thousands of people have.

Just because the bad example you posted looked like they messed up and made the girl look retarded. The ones I posted may lack depth, but the likeness is still in tact.

Could they do a good job if I showed them the Frankenstein tat I want and said do exactly that? Not really looking to get a new take on it.

ezrider
    Participant
    @ezrider

@Bribrihate 121223 wrote:

Could they do a good job if I showed them the Frankenstein tat I want and said do exactly that? Not really looking to get a new take on it.

Let them draw it up with their take on it… you may be pleasantly surprised. I doubt seriously if any of those guys would just copy a picture of another tattoo.

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

Don’t ask people’s opinion if you don’t like what there going to say. End of the day it’s up to you if you like him go with him shouldn’t matter what anybody else thinks.

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

93C6F83A-00C9-4611-B31D-1570BA58D240-521-00000024EF8A8520.jpg
    Evil-Dead-2-laughing.jpg

This artist won’t manage to give you the “perfect” frankensteins monster that you are looking for. He doesn’t have the skills to pull off the
    depth (darkness versus light) and it looks like he gets bored halfway through the tattoo and just gives it up. This tattoo made Ash look like something from Seame street.

If I haven’t been this drunk right now I’d skullfuck the shit out of that ignorant head of yours.

don’t mind the signature, it’s false.

Thaela
    Participant
    @thaela

Just because the bad example you posted looked like they messed up and made the girl look retarded. The ones I posted may lack depth, but the likeness is still in tact.[/quote]
    Personally I would not want a portrait-type tattoo that lacked depth. The whole point of a portrait is to be realistic, and you can’t achieve that without depth.

Could they do a good job if I showed them the Frankenstein tat I want and said do exactly that?

Who knows? That’s a question for your artist.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

It really sounds like you have your mind set on this guy. Do you have a deposit down with him? If so take a loss on it what is $50 when it comes to something that is going to be on you forever. The decision is yours to take the advise that you have been given or you can think we are just blowing smoke up your ass.

To your original question this guy will not come close to doing as nice of a tattoo that you posted.

This is most likely the quality you will be getting
    827-home.jpg

spend sometime and find an artist that can do this
    38399_409136817075_593257075_4674819_6409059_n.jpg
    Joshua Hibbard

Bribrihate
    Participant
    @bribrihate

Well give me some suggestions man. I know you’ve suggested black13, but going through their work on their website I don’t but like 1 or 2 realistic looking portraits, the rest look like cartoon versions. Plus someone on the page before this said he doubts anyone there would do the Frankebstein the way I want it done (as it is originally pictured). If they aren’t even going to try to give me what I want, why bother? I don’t want another artists take on it, I want it they way I want it.

Any other suggestions that could do it the way I showed, or what you showed? I like that version too, but I like the way the one I showed used mostly black instead of mostly grey.

Panter
    Participant
    @panter

@Bribrihate 121239 wrote:

Well give me some suggestions man. I know you’ve suggested black13, but going through their work on their website I don’t but like 1 or 2 realistic looking portraits, the rest look like cartoon versions. Plus someone on the page before this said he doubts anyone there would do the Frankebstein the way I want it done (as it is originally pictured). If they aren’t even going to try to give me what I want, why bother? I don’t want another artists take on it, I want it they way I want it.

Any other suggestions that could do it the way I showed, or what you showed? I like that version too, but I like the way the one I showed used mostly black instead of mostly grey.

No reputable artist will straight forward copy another tattoo, it’s just not the done thing.
    It’s a common enough image though, you should be able to find an original reference on-line that your chosen artist can work from.
    I think people underestimate the importance of finding the right artist, you could well be waiting over a Year for your appointment but it’s just a brief flash in the pan compared to how long it’s on your skin for.

Good luck!

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

isnt tye harris working out of black 13 right now? he is one of the best b/g artists in america right now. i like to say right now at the end of sentences a lot right now.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@yodaddynukka 121241 wrote:

isnt tye harris working out of black 13 right now? he is one of the best b/g artists in america right now. i like to say right now at the end of sentences a lot right now.

Cool a drunk post.

Yes he is he just not on their website yet.

Bribrihate here is a link to him https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tye-Harris/207910189245971?sk=photos_stream Go to him end of search this is your man

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@yodaddynukka 121241 wrote:

Cool a drunk post.

Yes he is he just not on their website yet.

Bribrihate here is a link to him https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tye-Harris/207910189245971?sk=photos_stream Go to him end of search this is your man

Bribrihate
    Participant
    @bribrihate

Is he actually working there full time or a guest artist that will only be there a few weeks? I looked at his work it’s really good. He did a Frankenstein but I don’t like it…I cant tell if he used a different photo to do a portrait of or if it’s just his spin on the image I want.

Butt, go look and see if you think he did a portrait of a different image or what.

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

Yeah butt go look.

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

@Bribrihate 121252 wrote:

Is he actually working there full time or a guest artist that will only be there a few weeks? I looked at his work it’s really good. He did a Frankenstein but I don’t like it…I cant tell if he used a different photo to do a portrait of or if it’s just his spin on the image I want.

Butt, go look and see if you think he did a portrait of a different image or what.

Yet again, I’m still drunk. But here it goes.

You moron.
    You didnt like that frankenstein portrait he did? Well guess what…. it’s different because it’s not the fucking same picture. You are supposed to at his skills in former work, and not the portraits/pictures he have done before. Today you will be getting custom art on your body and not fucking flash-art-tribal shit which every not-that-reputable-garage-artist know how to do.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@BertNaked 121257 wrote:

Yet again, I’m still drunk. But here it goes.

I’m not drumk yet bum I’m working on it (martinies).
    I’m not a portrait fan but Hibbard’s is way better. How much longer will this thread go on? Will it come to a logical conclusion?

I’m going to drink martinis till butt looks.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.