gwal101
Participant
@gwal101

so im getting a full japanese body suit done and im starting a full torso piece that goes down to my thighs. My concern is how to heal the ink on my waist? wouldnt the pressure form underwear pants ruin the healing ink?

Amok
Participant
@amok

Go commando for a few days.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Wear a dress

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Ditch the briefs. The 70s are over.

gwal101
Participant
@gwal101

im serious guy lol and even if i were commando wouldnt it be the same problem with pants shorts etc? please help

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
gwal101;118129 wrote:
im serious guy lol and even if i were commando wouldnt it be the same problem with pants shorts etc? please help

Just wear something with a looser waistband (e.g. boxers). The ink isn’t going to get ruined if fabric touches it. It’s more an issue of irritation or constant moisture from the waistband.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Use the dry wrap healing method and dont worry about it

Healing for large sessions:

Bandage your tattoo with saran/plastic wrap allowing no air to get to the tattoo for the first 72 hours. Within those 72 hours remove the wrap every 4 hours and wash thoroughly with non-scented anti-bacterial soap. Re-apply wrap with new saran/plastic wrap. Repeat process for remainder of 72 hours. After 72 hours remove the wrap leaving the tattoo exposed and use an intensive care FRAGRANCE-FREE dry skin lotion such as Lubriderm. Apply lightly as needed and for as long as needed.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

Use the force!

Zorba
Participant
@zorba
gwal101;118129 wrote:

Buttwheat had the best solution. Wear a dress. It hangs from the shoulders, not from the waist. Problem is, for a dress to look right on a guy, it must be custom made for a guy’s hip/waist/shoulder ratio and flat chest.

Or have the work done in stages so you can move your pants/skirt/whatever up and down such that its not riding on fresh ink. When I had my “Tramp Stamp” done, I could wear pants or a skirt on my hips – that cleared it under – OR – a skirt on my waist – that cleared it over.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Listen to butt. Not about the dress but about the dry wrap. I have my waistline done (just the back part so far) and I use the dry wrap method.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.