Legendary50
Participant
@legendary50

Another thing, I’ve been looking into Shane O’Neill as well. Anybody know how much he charges?

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Aussie_Al;113578 wrote:
If you want paul booth at last rites you are in for a long wait…12 months+ easy

I am sure his apprentices are more easily available

Paul’s wait is over 3 years. Most of the others are only booked out a few months.

Legendary50;113583 wrote:
Another thing, I’ve been looking into Shane O’Neill as well. Anybody know how much he charges?

$175/hr … serious bargain, but he’s booked out at least 14 months right now. Also keep in mind that Shane works very heavily from reference so if you want something totally original, there are better choices. Shane is awesome though.

Legendary50
Participant
@legendary50

wow that price isnt bad at all but 14 months is a serious wait lol. I guess I’ll keep looking. Also, the design i want is completely original, so I would want someone who can use their creativity to put something amazing together.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

All of the artists mentioned have vastly different styles as well so before you book anything, consider what type of style is best suited to the piece you want. For example, Shane does portrait realism and more recently, hyper realism, though he can nail anything in B&G as long as you have solid reference materials. Caesar prefers to work with paintings and illustrations and his shading is much softer than most artists out there. Anyway, you get the idea. btw another artist to consider is Chris Adamek in NJ. He’s very hard to get ahold of, but he’s easily one of the best artists in NJ.

Legendary50
Participant
@legendary50
D3FiANC3;113588 wrote:
All of the artists mentioned have vastly different styles as well so before you book anything, consider what type of style is best suited to the piece you want. For example, Shane does portrait realism and more recently, hyper realism, though he can nail anything in B&G as long as you have solid reference materials. Caesar prefers to work with paintings and illustrations and his shading is much softer than most artists out there. Anyway, you get the idea. btw another artist to consider is Chris Adamek in NJ. He’s very hard to get ahold of, but he’s easily one of the best artists in NJ.

LOVE Adamek’s work, just checked out his website/facebook. He says he’s usually booked only two months in advance and charges only $150/hr. Definitely going to shoot him an email and hope for a response. Does anybody know if he does coverups by any chance?

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

best of luck in booking adamek. he is famously hard to get a session with.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Legendary50;113617 wrote:
LOVE Adamek’s work, just checked out his website/facebook. He says he’s usually booked only two months in advance and charges only $150/hr. Definitely going to shoot him an email and hope for a response. Does anybody know if he does coverups by any chance?

He may, but he has little experience with them. I believe we had this discussion before, but if you want a coverup the best thing you can do for yourself is book a spot with Tim Pangburn in Philly. He’s easily the best coverup artist in the northeast and he’s one of the best in the country as well. He’s booked at least a few months out, but he never books out more than 6 months (he closes his books until he catches up). Being able to produce a great coverup is an art in itself. The artist has to be able to incorporate elements of an old tattoo into a new one, have a good idea of what effect layering one color over another will have, and so forth. Simply because someone is a great artist doesn’t mean they can produce a great coverup.

Legendary50
Participant
@legendary50
yodaddynukka;113618 wrote:
best of luck in booking adamek. he is famously hard to get a session with.

Thanks man, hoping for the best

Legendary50
Participant
@legendary50
D3FiANC3;113619 wrote:
He may, but he has little experience with them. I believe we had this discussion before, but if you want a coverup the best thing you can do for yourself is book a spot with Tim Pangburn in Philly. He’s easily the best coverup artist in the northeast and he’s one of the best in the country as well. He’s booked at least a few months out, but he never books out more than 6 months (he closes his books until he catches up). Being able to produce a great coverup is an art in itself. The artist has to be able to incorporate elements of an old tattoo into a new one, have a good idea of what effect layering one color over another will have, and so forth. Simply because someone is a great artist doesn’t mean they can produce a great coverup.

yeah, I just figured I would ask for the hell of it. I have my phoenix coverup drawn up by Johnny Thief at Seppuku Tattoo at the moment, as I hear (as well as seen many pictures) he has much experience with coverups. Probably going to go check out the sketch next week sometime.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.