blackfire227
Participant
@blackfire227

Hey guys, so i wanna get my next tattoo soon. I have a tribal piece across my chest and is the only tattoo i have so far. The question i have is this. What is your opinion of getting a colored tattoo next to or integrated with my tribal design? The new tattoo probably wouldn’t be a colored tribal design, but rather a completely different colored design/picture. What kinds of tattoos look good with tribal? Let me know what you think. Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

I think that it might be difficult to integrate the two, but it will be easier since it’s solid black rather than black and gray. I have a solid black tattoo on my left leg and have faced the same dilemma. At this point, I haven’t gotten any more ink there but when I do, my thinking was that I would get something with dark colors and a bit of black in it in order to transition into other color pieces.

blackfire227
Participant
@blackfire227

thats actually not that bad of an idea…the darker colors could sort of blend with the black and then you could slowly build on that piece with other lighter colors later on. Brilliant ๐Ÿ™‚ lol I just wish i could find pictures of people who have done something like this before so that i could see what the results look like

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach

Yeah I couldn’t see incorporating a colorful tattoo into tribal as looking good but I’m with D on this one

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

why do you need to incorporate it at all? can you not just put the new piece somewhere none related? i would rather have exactly what i want and pick an appropriate place than alter what i wanted to fit something already there. i would just use a different space and get whatever the hell you like! lol if its unrelated you can get tonnes of colour ๐Ÿ™‚ x

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

This is one thing I’ve always struggled with when it comes to thinking about tattoos; part of me has always felt things look better with a “theme,” and I try to balance things. My first tattoo was on my right thigh, and my second was on my left side. My next tattoo, certainly, will be on my right side, and it will have to integrate with the one on my left. (It will be another long text tattoo from the same writing, despite the thread here and some valid points about text tatts, I still love mine. ๐Ÿ˜‰ ) Eventually I plan on adding to those pieces to go with the flower on my thigh with a sort of Black Forest inspired vine with small richly-colored flower and leaves. (Yeah, yeah, I like those girly, cliche things like culturally-inspired flora and purty words.)

If I was trying to come up with an idea to flow with a tribal, and have it in color, here’s what I’d do: I’d go with something vivid and colorful and thick and bold – Although you don’t want another tribal style, I recommend keeping the “feel” coherent. But yes, I think it could look very nice to integrate another tatt, as tribal seems like an excellent sort of tattoo to mesh with other pieces.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.