DragonSiren
Participant
@dragonsiren

Just stumbled upon this article in another tattoo forum and I couldn’t quite believe what I was reading, I have never had such a dis-pleasure of reading such utter shit. I think this article just about manages to insult every woman in the world with her rude and sexist ramblings!!

“But something girls seem to forget nowadays, or maybe have not been taught, is that women hold the world’s class and elegance in their hands, as well. So what’s more attractive than a girl with a nice body? I’ll tell you what: a girl with class. Looks may not last, but class does. And so do tattoos.

An elegant woman does not vandalize the temple she has been blessed with as her body. She appreciates it. She flaunts it. She’s not happy with it? She goes to the gym. She dresses it up in lavish, fun, trendy clothes, enjoying trips to the mall with her girlfriends. She accentuates her legs with high heels. She gets her nails done. She enjoys the finer things in life, all with the body she was blessed with.”

And thats just a small extract the rest can be found here: http://www.ubspectrum.com/opinion/why-put-a-bumper-sticker-on-a-ferrari-1.2755789#.Ty2QBsUZeG6

SpideyFan
@

That article is based upon one’s PERSONAL opinion. So you are saying that the person who wrote this article should be barred from using the internet just because you disagree with them? You are for the censoring of the internet just because you may not agree with everything on it? I’m assuming you supported SOPA too, then. I was going to comment on the article itself but I couldn’t get past your ludicrous thread title. I don’t agree with you but I wouldn’t call you an “idiot” or say that you’re not allowed to use the internet. That would just be stupid. So who’s stupid now? Thought so.

ChrisvK
Participant
@chrisvk

SpideyFan, for fucks sake stop being a complete fucking asshole. You haven’t posted a single post yet without just mindlessly bitching and whining about stuff. You do this in a lot of topics, except for the one where people tell you how horrible your tattoos are. You’re silent there for some reason. Please do not let your anger of having horrible permanent mutilation that you call your tattoo out on this forum. Find another place to troll

SpideyFan
@
ChrisvK;106726 wrote:
SpideyFan, for fucks sake stop being a complete fucking asshole. You haven’t posted a single post yet without just mindlessly bitching and whining about stuff. You do this in a lot of topics, except for the one where people tell you how horrible your tattoos are. You’re silent there for some reason. Please do not let your anger of having horrible permanent mutilation that you call your tattoo out on this forum. Find another place to troll

I made sure to “thank you” for this post. You really showed me. I am going to cry for the rest of the night now. Might as well call me “fat” next. That would at least be true. Don’t post opinions as facts.

And in case you couldn’t tell, I am being (mostly) sarcastic.

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

So spideyfan you are a fat comic book nerd with crap taste in tattoos?
Could you be any more stereotyped?
Oh hang on your a troll as well.
Do you live at home with your mummy?
LMAO troll twat.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

i read the article you posted, i had a similar reaction to you, i am a “classy” girl especially in comparison to a lot of people in my area so i think its ridiculous to say that any woman with tattoos has no class and they should just go and get their nals and hair done, its stupid, but, just to play devils advocate, i did then find this article…

http://www.ubspectrum.com/opinion/the-day-i-met-the-internet-1.2764063?pagereq=1

this is lisa’s reply and apology for the tone of her previous article. it does also contain a fair few excuses and “but you misinterpreted me” but, she does say that for her to get the backlash she did she must have offended a lot of people and for that she is sorry, she is also only 19 and a journalism student and this was a school project as a piece to run alongside her friend’s, “pro-tattoo” piece.

That being said i put this down to ignorance, naivity and just lack of life experience rather than an instance of aggregious anti feminism lol

And spidey, please just shut the fuck up now, we have already established that no-one here gives a fuck about your opinions so you dont need to continue reminding us… so be a darling and just go away now, thanks x

DragonSiren
Participant
@dragonsiren
kittykat200;106748 wrote:
i read the article you posted, i had a similar reaction to you, i am a “classy” girl especially in comparison to a lot of people in my area so i think its ridiculous to say that any woman with tattoos has no class and they should just go and get their nals and hair done, its stupid, but, just to play devils advocate, i did then find this article…

http://www.ubspectrum.com/opinion/the-day-i-met-the-internet-1.2764063?pagereq=1

this is lisa’s reply and apology for the tone of her previous article. it does also contain a fair few excuses and “but you misinterpreted me” but, she does say that for her to get the backlash she did she must have offended a lot of people and for that she is sorry, she is also only 19 and a journalism student and this was a school project as a piece to run alongside her friend’s, “pro-tattoo” piece.

That being said i put this down to ignorance, naivity and just lack of life experience rather than an instance of aggregious anti feminism lol

And spidey, please just shut the fuck up now, we have already established that no-one here gives a fuck about your opinions so you dont need to continue reminding us… so be a darling and just go away now, thanks x

Hmm its not quite an apology and would of been better without the shed load of excuses, it would of been better if she just held her hands up and said sorry minus the excuses. I must say I took it at first glance as attack on feminism and tattoos in general, well I think she may well have learnt a valuable lesson which is think before you start running your mouth. After all this is the internet and things travel fast!!

As for spidey quit running your mouth no one cares about what you have to say, I think we all gave up on you a long time ago on you, Especially since all your replies are intended to provoke people into a reaction and have very little to do with the subject in question.
And besides if I am totally honest with you I can’t see the point of you being here as you clearly can’t tell what a good tattoo is if it snacked you around the face 10x. As I have read your posts bragging out how you only paid $10 for your piece and my god dose it show, it really dose hark back to that old and very truthful saying (good tattoos are not cheap, and cheap tattoos are not good)!

DragonSiren
Participant
@dragonsiren
SpideyFan;106728 wrote:
I made sure to “thank you” for this post. You really showed me. I am going to cry for the rest of the night now. Might as well call me “fat” next. That would at least be true. Don’t post opinions as facts.

And in case you couldn’t tell, I am being (mostly) sarcastic.

And there we have it, my point of annoyance “Don’t post opinions as facts” which is exactly what the girl in the article had done at no point did she say this was an opinion piece, and hence why I and just about everyone else took offence to her article!
Oh and you can get some cheap tissues from tescos own range as I think you might be needing a lot of them if you keep pissing people off on purpose!

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
SpideyFan;106728 wrote:

fact: any observation that has been repeatedly confirmed and accepted as true

He stated that you are a “complete fucking asshole … mindlessly bitching and whining … (with) horrible permanent mutilation that you call your tattoo.” That sounds like fact to me.

SpideyFan
@
DragonSiren;106750 wrote:
valuable lesson which is think before you start running your mouth. After all this is the internet and things travel fast!!

I love the irony in this. Apparently you haven’t learned anything. I would quit posting before you embarrass yourself any further.

Also, price has nothing to do with tattoo quality. It’s true. I know someone that got a tattoo done for free and it’s the best one I’ve ever seen.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi DS

I read the article and to be honest before i got even halfway I was laughing because I could see exactly what the outcome of this article would be – a shit storm of abuse.

My opinion is an apology is not really required from the author because deep down she believes what she is saying and all the ‘I never meant to hurt anybody’ is just window dressing. Anybody who was offended would just see the apology as bullshit excuses anyway.

The important thing is this will make her think before she types in the future which is a valuable lesson.

I will be honest I found her article tactless and uninformed as she was not able to put the reasons why she felt these other activities are ‘better’ so not a lot of sympathy to the battering.

She is young and this will have been a valuable lesson in step up or stfu situations.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dull argument bit:

As for the whole SOPA argument it is a bit redundant with regards to this thread.

American (and European Counterparts) want to use SOPA as a means to increase revenue and control of a product distribution – via the argument of copyright and abuse of it.

Those opposing SOPA are using the issue of censorship (under the Bill of Rights) to combat this attack on a personal freedom to express themself.

Do you see the difference here? One ie about money the other is about perceived freedom of choice.

SOPA enthusiasts don’t give a damn what people think or what their opinions are it is about MONEY not censorship or freedom of the internet – simply about them thinking we are losing X amount to piracy.

The censorship battle is merely a tool to oppose this.

So by stating that somebody should be banned from using the internet for being stupid is not a direct indication that they would support SOPA – as already discussed SOPA does not give a shit what you, me, or the world thinks as our opinions don’t count (excepting shareholders maybe).

All of that said I am not personally in favour of SOPA – purely based on the fact it will be used as yet another way of price fixing and/or a new taxation to maximise profits – not because I might no longer be able to dance naked on youtube shaking my fat arse to some tinny tech-pop music without paying. :p

Take care
Matthew

DragonSiren
Participant
@dragonsiren
Sherav;106760 wrote:
Hi DS

I read the article and to be honest before i got even halfway I was laughing because I could see exactly what the outcome of this article would be – a shit storm of abuse.

My opinion is an apology is not really required from the author because deep down she believes what she is saying and all the ‘I never meant to hurt anybody’ is just window dressing. Anybody who was offended would just see the apology as bullshit excuses anyway.

Yeah I noticed that and was very amused by the comments she recieved as everyone saw right through her!

The important thing is this will make her think before she types in the future which is a valuable lesson.

Which was exactly what I was trying to get out, but obviously was not putting were I was coming from very well LOL!

I will be honest I found her article tactless and uninformed as she was not able to put the reasons why she felt these other activities are ‘better’ so not a lot of sympathy to the battering.

Good nor do I, hence I posted it on here as it was all just ignorant dribble.

She is young and this will have been a valuable lesson in step up or stfu situations.

Still time for her to wake up and smell the coffee then!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dull argument bit:

As for the whole SOPA argument it is a bit redundant with regards to this thread.

American (and European Counterparts) want to use SOPA as a means to increase revenue and control of a product distribution – via the argument of copyright and abuse of it.

Those opposing SOPA are using the issue of censorship (under the Bill of Rights) to combat this attack on a personal freedom to express themself.

Do you see the difference here? One ie about money the other is about perceived freedom of choice.

SOPA enthusiasts don’t give a damn what people think or what their opinions are it is about MONEY not censorship or freedom of the internet – simply about them thinking we are losing X amount to piracy.

The censorship battle is merely a tool to oppose this.

So by stating that somebody should be banned from using the internet for being stupid is not a direct indication that they would support SOPA – as already discussed SOPA does not give a shit what you, me, or the world thinks as our opinions don’t count (excepting shareholders maybe).

Thanks for that part as in no way do I support that SOPA crap, I have already lost a few of my favourite websites due to that crap. And anyway spidey just likes spouting off and knows bugger all about what I support or don’t so his bitching is null and void!

All of that said I am not personally in favour of SOPA – purely based on the fact it will be used as yet another way of price fixing and/or a new taxation to maximise profits – not because I might no longer be able to dance naked on youtube shaking my fat arse to some tinny tech-pop music without paying. :p

Its not just that SOPA is yet another money making scheme that I hate it, its the fact I can no longer watch the programs that are aired in the USA and not in the UK.

Take care
Matthew

And you take care too 😀

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Im sorry im really missing something, what is this story trying to get at …

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

im not a fan of drama…………………..glad I missed this shit storm

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.