xanderx
Participant
@xanderx

folks, need help…

i’m in downtown toronto this week for a business trip and itching to get some ink…
i travel a lot and just got a go signal from the wife that I can get a small piece from each country i visit to start my collection 😀

is this a bad idea?

any recommended shops in toronto that takes walk-ins?

thanks a heap!

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

What a great opportunity!
My 2 cents for what its worth says a collection of pieces from walk up studios could be great however a collection of pieces from artists you have researched and booked in advance with a clear idea of what you are colecting would be killer!
I know its a chunk of work but put in the effort and its a win win for you.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Sounds like a fucking awesome idea dude. Not many people can do that make the most of it and get that fucking body of yours inked!

arnoldsantos1
Participant
@arnoldsantos1

Best Shops in Toronto

The article seems legit. I think it’s a killer idea to get tattooed on the road. Make sure you review portfolios.

xanderx
Participant
@xanderx

thanks for the replies guys…

sad to report that it’s mission failed.

got in touch with a really good artist a few blocks from my hotel but couldn’t accommodate me… *sigh*

i leave canada in a few hours and probably will not be back in at least 1 or 2 years so i really feel bad for the missed opportunity…

anyway last night i called-up another shop and there was only one artist free, and that he can only give me 2 hours ‘coz they will close shop soon (amazing how most shops close at 8pm)… so i looked up his portfolio trying to convince myself that his work was good…

…but it wasn’t! i mean not kitchen scratcher-y bad, in fact he had some good nice pieces… but I really wasn’t convinced so had to let it go… no matter how badly i wanted to get some new ink…

i guess really i may have given myself a favor in the long-run after all

when i get the chance to go back i will try and book ahead and would really go for this shop http://www.red9ine.com/#!jesse

oh well, so now let me pause and think for a few minutes… i really wanted a souvenir from Canada so if didn’t get my tattoo i might as well just have my nipples pierced… (i just need to get someone to shove me in that door) will update soon

thanks

xanderx
Participant
@xanderx
arnoldsantos1;100166 wrote:
Best Shops in Toronto

The article seems legit. I think it’s a killer idea to get tattooed on the road. Make sure you review portfolios.

thanks bro, checked out the list but amazingly most of them close at 6pm or 8pm so i couldn’t manage ‘coz i had work daily and i get back like 7ish everyday… *sigh*

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Probably a good idea to take a pass on someone that you would have to try to convince yourself that they were good. Do you have a link to their profile so we can reenforce your decision.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

It was a good idea, and from now on you’ll have it in mind when you go somewhere and try to set up an appointment beforehand. Don’t be sad… you made the right choice not going mediocre ‘just because’.

xanderx
Participant
@xanderx
buttwheat;100416 wrote:
Probably a good idea to take a pass on someone that you would have to try to convince yourself that they were good. Do you have a link to their profile so we can reenforce your decision.

Thanks bw… Cant get to flash site with my ipad but will do somtime today for you to check:)

xanderx
Participant
@xanderx

Btw i did it! Wtf was i thinking?

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Did what now?

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
xanderx;100490 wrote:
Btw i did it! Wtf was i thinking?

did what? 10

xanderx
Participant
@xanderx
ArniVidar;100492 wrote:
Did what now?

The nipples! 😮

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
xanderx;100512 wrote:
The nipples! 😮

Let’s rewind this programme a bit, you got “nipples” tattooed?

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Well ouchie!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.