caesar_egg
Participant
@caesar_egg

Hello everyone!

My grandfather passed away recently and I want to get a tattoo in his honor. The problem is, I got the perfect tattoo done a year ago for completely different reasons. The one I have is of the music staff twisting into the DNA double helix. He was a musician his whole life and is the sole reason I ever began to learn music and perform. I can’t think of anything I could do separately that would accurately depict our relationship. So, I’m thinking of adding on to my current tattoo to make it one in his memory. I don’t want to do a name and date thing, though. Right now, it’s about 5 inches wide and runs from the back of my neck to halfway down my spine. I don’t want something that sticks out randomly, so I’m thinking something symmetrical or that can go beneath it. Any ideas?

Panter
Participant
@panter

Put up a picture, it may help people with suggestions.
Sounds like a cool tattoo

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Poof I now dub the tattoo a memorial tattoo for gramps. See that was simple.
It means whatever you want it to. I agree no names or dates just leave it as is.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Im not sure what to suggest, im also getting a tattoo for my grandparents very soon. The thing to do is think of your grandad and whats the first thing you think of that reminds you of him?

For example:

im getting my Granddads name with some playing cards in the background with a race horse jumping over he’s name with a jockey on :).

caesar_egg
Participant
@caesar_egg

40312_1573563296549_1159551875_31634051_480172_n.jpg

This is what it looks like. Well, it’s a bit faded now since it’s healed, but that’s what I have.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.