board_riider
Participant
@board_riider

So, I’m wanting to get the tops of both of my feet done, and I’m wondering if I should wait til the summer to do them…I hear the healing of them is pretty crappy, and they swell up a lot. So I’m thinking would it be better to get them done in the summer when I can just wear flip flops all the time, instead of now when I have to wear winter boots, and possibly hold off on snowboarding for 2 weeks..agh. But yeah, anyone who has them, lemme know whatcha think, and how they healed and such? And if they need a lot of touch ups. A friend of mine had her foot done (looks like ass) but has had to have it touched up like 3 times already in 2 years. I hope that’s not normal. Anyways, thanks in advance.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

its normal. top of the foot heals like crap and you have to get it outched up pretty often. plus top of the foot is painful!

board_riider
Participant
@board_riider

Yeah, I’ve heard all that, and it’s to be expected that it’s painful, meh..not a big deal. I’m just more worried about having to put winter boots and shit on, as opposed to waiting til the summer when I can wear flip flops every day. Hmm…is it worth the wait? Perhaps. Do I wanna wait?…Not really. Decisions, decisions.

Aahzz
Participant
@aahzz

I’d wait, I doubt the boots and whatnot would help with healing.

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

wait til you can go barefooted………

stubarber
Participant
@stubarber

Flip flops are only going to work if the coverage you want doesn’t go below the “strap”.

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w

I had the top of my foot done a few winters ago. It sucked. I couldnt wear any footwear because the skin was very sensitive, and because it was winter, my feet were always cold. Definitely wait until summer comes around.

Rockysmom
Participant
@rockysmom

I had a foot tattoo done last May. Pain was tolerable for me.
I had to elevate it for a few days because it was sore, but I was able to walk around a little. You might want to avoid flip flops/shoes for a while if you can because it can rub some of the tattoo out. A few spots of my tattoo rubbed out so I have to get it touched up. I’ve just been lazy and haven’t done it.

Other than that the color has held well and I use SPF on it when it’s going to be in the sun.

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

post up the pic…

Brian@Inkbox
Participant
@brianinkbox

I figure I’d tell you what I tell customers…even in summer…socks and shoes are breeding grounds for bacteria…so are carpets if you have pets inside. No socks, no mowing shoes, flip flops are fine, and if you have to do shoes for work…clean socks, and a cheap new pair of shoes to get you through. And dont lace up tight. Feet heal shitty, and touchups are expected. I would do one foot at a time and baby the healing process. Good luck!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.