USMC0621
Participant
@usmc0621

Hello everybody, allow me to introduce myself. My names Dan, I’m 21 years old.. And I’m in the Marines. I’ll be going overseas to Okinawa, Japan next week for two years as my next duty station. I have roughly $8,000 in the bank and would love to get this tattoo (pic below)

Link to tattoo I want:
http://www.media.photobucket.com/image/dope sleeve tattoos/Disboi/asiantat5.jpg
asiantat5.jpg

• How much do you think it would cost?
• Is there any rules as to “ripping off” someone elses tattoo, as in getting the exact same thing someone else has, if I found it on the Internet? Or is that frowned upon?
• Whats the official name for this kind of tattoo in the pic that is half-sleeve/covers the left breast? Is there a special name for it?
• Last question: Does anyone know if there are tattoo shops in Okinawa, Japan, and if so.. How do I tell if the tattoo artist is talented or not? I really want someone with a lot of experience so it looks the best it could possibly turn out to be.

I’ll check back on this thread, just registered a couple minutes ago so I’m probably going to check out some other threads too. Thanks for any and all replies!

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

exactly $8000 american……………

USMC0621
Participant
@usmc0621
reefdiver;80333 wrote:
exactly $8000 american……………

Naw, can’t be that much..

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
USMC0621;80328 wrote:
Hello everybody, allow me to introduce myself. My names Dan, I’m 21 years old.. And I’m in the Marines. I’ll be going overseas to Okinawa, Japan next week for two years as my next duty station. I have roughly $8,000 in the bank and would love to get this tattoo (pic below)

Link to tattoo I want:
http://www.media.photobucket.com/image/dope sleeve tattoos/Disboi/asiantat5.jpg
asiantat5.jpg

• How much do you think it would cost?
• Is there any rules as to “ripping off” someone elses tattoo, as in getting the exact same thing someone else has, if I found it on the Internet? Or is that frowned upon?
• Whats the official name for this kind of tattoo in the pic that is half-sleeve/covers the left breast? Is there a special name for it?
• Last question: Does anyone know if there are tattoo shops in Okinawa, Japan, and if so.. How do I tell if the tattoo artist is talented or not? I really want someone with a lot of experience so it looks the best it could possibly turn out to be.

I’ll check back on this thread, just registered a couple minutes ago so I’m probably going to check out some other threads too. Thanks for any and all replies!

Link doesn’t work. Do not fucking steal! is it frowned upon? um yes DO NOT STEAL!

USMC0621
Participant
@usmc0621

You need to copy and paste the whole link.

stubarber
Participant
@stubarber

Yeah, that didn’t work, either . . .

flyangler
Participant
@flyangler

Stealing tattoos is frowned upon. Artists that would do it for you are not who I would want tattooing me.

USMC0621
Participant
@usmc0621
flyangler;80357 wrote:
Stealing tattoos is frowned upon. Artists that would do it for you are not who I would want tattooing me.

Well that is good to know. Try this link:

http://emobmg.photobucket.com/albums/v602/DisBoi/asiantat5.jpg?t=1245171003

That works for me.

So what would I do than, bring in this picture and askfor a custom drawing that’s similar to the picture?

ArniVidar
@arnividar

You find a great artist and tell him (in Japanese, I suppose): I like this picture. Give me a tiger and stuff. He’ll do his thing and you’ll be blown away. Find anything less than a great artist and you’ll regret it for the rest of your life.

USMC0621
Participant
@usmc0621
ArniVidar;80407 wrote:
You find a great artist and tell him (in Japanese, I suppose): I like this picture. Give me a tiger and stuff. He’ll do his thing and you’ll be blown away. Find anything less than a great artist and you’ll regret it for the rest of your life.

Thanks for the advice. Well hey, what if I don’t like the design that the tattoo artist comes up with? Could I potentially ask him to come up with something new altogether? Do you have to pay them for time spent coming up with designs? How long would ittake and how many sessions do you suppose a tattoo like this one would take? Thanks for all the info guys really appreciate it. Flying out to Japan on Friday and inthink one of the first stops lm going to make is the tattoo parlor.

stubarber
Participant
@stubarber

I don’t know about Japanese shop traditions specifically, but here in the States many of the best artists require a deposit to get a consultation. That’ll include the design the 2 of you come up with. You have to like it and approve it before ink touches skin.

Time involved depends on the artist, and he/she should be able to give you a rough idea during the consult.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.