whufc89
Participant
@whufc89

Ok im basically a bigggg fan of the rave scene right now which im sure is understandable at 21 and I have decided to get a tattoo.

I have looked around and tried to find tattoos with meaning and picking original idea and what not and i just cant think of anything then i saw this…

creamlogo.jpg

Now I totally love that logo I think the looks are stylish and what not and its pretty simple which is always good for a first. The music that the logo represents is my favorite kind by far.

Im just concerned that it might come across to people as a bit too cliche and unoriginal, I understand I should get it for me and that’s that but It will always cross my mind.

Just curious if anyone else has got a tattoo for the simple reason of loving the looks regardless of it having such a minor meaning and carried on enjoying it throughout, I just dont want to end up regretting it later in life although I dont see why I would its always going to remind my of my younger days even when I get older.

Does this seem a reasonable basis for a tattoo like this one? Im basically looking for some opinions.

thanks!

ArniVidar
@arnividar

If you want it, get it… meaning and other peoples opinions be damned.

Personally all my tattoos are picked because they relate to me in some way. But many people get ink for the simple reason that they like the image and want it on them. I see nothing wrong with either method.

Just make sure that it’s not somewhere you might want to put something ‘better’ (for a lack of a better word) later in your life. My big problem today is there are so many small things I want done, but anywhere I could put them is going to be in the way of the big ones I want to get 🙂

whufc89
Participant
@whufc89

My intention was to have it on the chunkier part of the inside of my forearm (basically the other end to the wrist) as its pretty much the perfect spot for letting it on show without purposely trying to have it stick out, I.E walking topless if it was on my back or something like that. Not to mention when im hitting the club scene and dancing my socks off the arms always gonna be in the air so its totally on show for the others ravers to scope 😛

The only downside to that is I want the tattoo quite big but on my forearm there is only so much space so its size will be limited.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Not that I want to sound like an old fart here, but do you realize that a tattoo in that place will seriously limit your job opportunities in the future? You’re 21 today and enjoying life, but you won’t be a raver for much longer and what then?

whufc89
Participant
@whufc89

Yep thats totally understandable thats what this thread was all about, still got a few years of it to go i hope! I sort of thought of the regret it in later life side of things and really its always gonna be possess some sort of minor meaning even its just bringing back memories of all the good times.

Yeah the job thing is a pain because for like a good 5 years now I have thought of tattoss and really never wanted it anywhere else but the forearm other places dont really appeal to me so im in a tough situation.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Well, the only place worse for ink is the face, job-wise.

You should REALLY think carefully about this location, especially if you plan on an academically-based career, or working directly with customers. It’s amazing how many people still think tattoos are only for inmates.

ihaveabadtattoo
Participant
@ihaveabadtattoo

where i live in england, its hard to find people *without* a tattoo- they are so common here its unreal

whufc89
Participant
@whufc89

gona go for it, will post a pic here wen its done

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.