sunsplash
Participant
@sunsplash

I’m getting my next tat on Monday and am already planning my one after that. ๐Ÿ˜€

I was thinking of getting my daughter’s eyes (brow, eyes, upper nose) on the back on my neck, either plain by themselves or with the words dream and love above and below, since my favorite quote is “love and dream through the eyes of a child.” I’d also thought about getting the entire quote with the “eyes” drawn in place of the word – but I’m really not big into heavy script on my body…I’m more into images.

When I showed my husband the idea with a Paint Shop picture of her eyes on the back of my neck he said it was downright creepy. It wasn’t a compliment, lol, so I wanted to bring it to you true enthusiasts (he’s a tattoo virgin and nowhere near popping that cherry anytime soon!) for some honest opinions.

Is the idea itself creepy or bad – or should I just reconsider the placement. I was kind of going for the unexpected with a shock of sexy…maybe I’m way off with this next piece! lol

inkbyj
Participant
@inkbyj

ive done tons of sets of eyes, but never just the eyes of someones kid. Usually the eyes are meant to be more erotic or more horror like and creepy. I would think it a little odd, but to each their own. The tattoo is ultimately for you, so what you think is really all that matters, when it comes down to it.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

I think it could be a cool tat but you need to change the light source. Instead of using a flash try to get the light to come from above and off to the side so that there are some shadows there to give the picture some depth. Once you get that I think it will look way better and a lot let creepy.

The quote you pick will also make the tat- the font as well. I think it would be kind of cool to have it done in slightly bad hand writing, like a kid wrote it.

sunsplash
Participant
@sunsplash
Gsouder;74957 wrote:
I think it could be a cool tat but you need to change the light source. Instead of using a flash try to get the light to come from above and off to the side so that there are some shadows there to give the picture some depth. Once you get that I think it will look way better and a lot let creepy.

The quote you pick will also make the tat- the font as well. I think it would be kind of cool to have it done in slightly bad hand writing, like a kid wrote it.

I’ll have to try taking the flash off and see what I can get. The kid handwriting is cool – like crayon scribble?

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder
sunsplash;74958 wrote:
I’ll have to try taking the flash off and see what I can get. The kid handwriting is cool – like crayon scribble?

Here’s what I would do for the photograph:

Turn the flash off and go to a well lit window that is not in direct sunlight. Turn her faces the the lint is off to one side. Play with the light, take a few photos at varying angles while trying to get the look right. Take like 50 photos, one will turn out good.

And yeah, I was thinking crayola style hand writing… I think that would really make the tat clear as to what it is.

What do you think of that?

sunsplash
Participant
@sunsplash
Gsouder;74960 wrote:
Here’s what I would do for the photograph:

Turn the flash off and go to a well lit window that is not in direct sunlight. Turn her faces the the lint is off to one side. Play with the light, take a few photos at varying angles while trying to get the look right. Take like 50 photos, one will turn out good.

And yeah, I was thinking crayola style hand writing… I think that would really make the tat clear as to what it is.

What do you think of that?

I like that idea…might take some doing since my daughter is only 16 months and not the most coorperative, LMAO! I might dig around for a picture that catches the “sparkle” without the “flash” already and just ask my artist to render the look I posted above but detailed with the other, less ghoulish glimpse.

What do you think of the full quote vs. just the eyes vs. the eyes with only the words love and dream scripted above and below? I don’t need the meaning to be obvious since I enjoy explaining the meaning behind the two I have already but don’t want it to look completely random either.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Late to the game, but wanted to give my 2c worth. That picture is creepy as hell. I can understand your husband thinking that way. I would have serious problems with that.

That picture aside, I have a different objection to the idea. There’s no real way to say this sugar-coated, so I guess I’ll have to be straight forward.
Having my daughters eyes staring at me when I’m doing my wife from behind would not only ruin the sex (perhaps even permanently) but it would become difficult to look at the daughter afterwards as well. Heck, just kissing the back of her neck would be horrible.

sunsplash
Participant
@sunsplash
ArniVidar;74980 wrote:
Late to the game, but wanted to give my 2c worth. That picture is creepy as hell. I can understand your husband thinking that way. I would have serious problems with that.

That picture aside, I have a different objection to the idea. There’s no real way to say this sugar-coated, so I guess I’ll have to be straight forward.
Having my daughters eyes staring at me when I’m doing my wife from behind would not only ruin the sex (perhaps even permanently) but it would become difficult to look at the daughter afterwards as well. Heck, just kissing the back of her neck would be horrible.

LMAO – he said the same thing! I have pretty long hair so it’d be covered most of the time BUT I do get what you’re saying.

If it were placed elsewhere would that make a difference or is it just too creepy to keep considering at all? Don’t worry – no offense taken either way, opinions are opinions. ๐Ÿ˜‰

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Well, even though children are the RESULTS of sex, my children are about the last thing I want to be thinking of when HAVING it. And having one of them stare at me all the while…. ick! ๐Ÿ˜€

So my personal view, the eyes alone are creepy. A portrait is somehow better. Dunno why.

Mikelegacy
Participant
@mikelegacy

Yeah, idk about the placement. I’m not sure where else it would be more suitably placed but eyes on the back of the neck in general are kinda creepy. I understand the sentiments and it’s a very cool idea i just dont know if the actual execution of it would leave people thinking that it’s incredibly odd while only you know the true meaning of it. But then again if you don’t care all the power to you. Butttttt, since your asking our opinions I think you do care haha.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.