mellygee
@

Im thinking of a few tattoos, specifically word tattoos that mean a lot to who i am. BUT they are in different languages. Is it strange/silly to get two very meaningful tattoos in two different languages or should you pretty much stick one. I don’t know I just want opinons since I’m unsure :confused:

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

I don’t know why people would want to have a tattoo that noone can read. If these words define who you are, don’t you want people to be able to read it? I think Kanji is a writing style that was invented for tattooing because the symbols can be loosely translated to mean many different things. You should just use your Native Language. Tell us what your planning so I can imagine better what your thinking.

Rockysmom
Participant
@rockysmom

can you get a tattoo of something that sybolizes who you are without writing it being writing? i just think the whole writing tattoo is overdone.

Morwin Nerdbane
Participant
@morwin-nerdbane

I like writing tattoos I’m getting a quote myself on Monday.

I think getting a tattoo in a foreign language that is not your own or part of your heritage is stupid cos if anything it will seem detrimental to the meaning of what you’re getting. It won’t add anything to it apart from the extra risk of it being wrongly spelled or using the wrong word/symbol.

What language and words were you wanting?

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

People seem to think that when they get a tattoo in a different language it makes it more meaningful. People are wrong. It’s just a way to say the same thing as they would in english except they run the risk of having it backwards/upside down/misspelled/etc.

人們似乎認為,當他們得到一個紋身是在不同的語言,使之更有意義。人是錯誤的。這只是一種方式說同樣的事情,因為他們會用英語,除了他們所冒的風險有它向後 /倒/拼錯 /等

THis is the google translated version of what I typed above. Anyone speak chinese here to tell me how far off this is?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.