lizziehroberts
@

I have two options for my first tattoo, the first option being my name (Elizabeth) and its meaning (promise of God/God’s promise) in Hebrew writing as my name is Hebrew. I would like this tattoo to go up my side.
I tried to include a picture of it but it wouldnt work so heres a link to my blog to see the size of the tattoo i want.
My blog= http://ehroberts.blogspot.com/2010/08/tattoo-help-needed.html

The second option is the words ‘Vivere Memento’ which means remember to live in Latin. I would like this to go across my right wrist.

Could anyone suggest how much each tattoo would cost?

knarF
Participant
@knarf

This obviously varies between artists. But, depending on size, since it isn’t too complex and is only in one colour i would guess at just below £100.

I wouldn’t expect to pay much more than £100 unless you;re going on Miami ink or something.

Like i said, depends totally on artist, location (in the world i mean), size, different inks and detail/difficulty.

nadyduda
@

I dont want to discourage you in any way but Elizabeth doesn’t mean promise of God or God’s promise in Hebrew.
im an israely and speaking hebrew all my life, its true that El in hebrew does mean god but the rest of your name definitely doesnt mean a promise.
just to be clear i’m not trying to patronize you, i just want to Prevent You from Making a Mistake.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

I asked my wife who is Israeli and she said the closest to Elizabeth is Elisheva (God is my oath).

I think it refers to a consecration by God which is different to a promise. The meaning changes somewhat when translated to Greek and then Latin.

Double check but I think it is spelt אלישבע

Take Care
Matthew

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.