Vanchatron
@

I’m looking to get my first tattoo soon, and I’ve always wanted a dark hooded type tattoo. For example, the Grim Reaper or something like that. The only thing is, the Grim Reaper is so common as a tattoo (as far as I know) that I was wondering if there were any others. Are there any other mythological beings which are infamous for wearing a dark hood?

The type of hood I’m talking about is sort of one where you can’t see their face, it’s just a hood and their face is darkened such as in the following picture:

Dark_Hood.jpg

I tried looking for a Mythology forum but couldn’t really find any, so I figured I’d ask here instead.

I’d appreciate some help, thanks guys 🙂

On a related note, if you can’t think of any hooded type beings, then perhaps any Darkness or Rage/Wrath type beings or demons. That would also be something I’d be interested in.

rikki
Participant
@rikki
Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

I’m not sure what you are looking for. If you just want a backlit hooded creature where you can’t see under the hood what difference does it make if the creature under the hood is the grim reaper, a skull or even miss piggy?

I would go in with that photo and ask for something like that…. Unless you can provide some more clarity of what you are looking for.

Poesy
Participant
@poesy

if you’re into lord of the rings – the nazgul/ring wraiths. They’re a bit more wispy looking than death, wear gauntlets and carry swords

ArniVidar
@arnividar

And on a similar note, in Harry Potter the Dementors of Azkaban are very dark, skeletony creatures with no visible face.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

The Celts had a mythical being called Cailleach Bheur, which meant ‘old woman’ who was said to rule the winter months and would roam the land in a hood or (depending on geographic region) haunt the mountains bringing rain and destruction down on those below. Also known as ‘The Hag’.

The Banshee was also a hooded woman sometimes wearing grave robes of those who could not be buried in holy ground.

Banshee usually came in three of many forms, the first being a young woman, the second being a rich middle-aged lady or matron, and the third being of a fragile old woman.

Another being, the bean-nighe (washing woman), in this form, she is apparently seen washing the bloodstains out of the fated person clothes.

Hope that helps.
Matthew

KJD2121
Participant
@kjd2121

Darth Vader and his father from Star Wars

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

the grim reaper is common but not often well done !

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.