Keyva
@

Im looking to get a floral vine tattoo down my side and my head is WRECKED from looking through pics . All the ones i seen are either too tacky and cheap or the flowers on it are too big . I want something classy and simple . Colour is an option. Also the addition of starts or butterflies if it looks good . Anyone have any ideas or pics they could post that they think would help me as if been looking through sites and i cant find anything that i like !

Thanks

irishman301
Participant
@irishman301

I know the feeling of having your head hurt from searching and searching…..I mean, I’ve been racking my brain trying to design this sleeve (that I’m getting today finally!!)

But what I would do is to just talk to a tattoo guy and give him/her your ideas, tell them EXACTLY what you’re going for, and then see what they can draw up for you. I’d bet you’d be happy with what they come up with.

Google images never seems to do the trick, I feel for ya!

Dummy86
Participant
@dummy86

Hell yea my head hurts too. I have been trying to think of a half sleeve tattoo myself (first tat) and it is tough. I have a million ideas running through my head but I don’t know how I want to express them. I first started with the good vs. evil idea but it is pretty hard to show without having religion somewhere in there which is what I don’t want. Now I have been looking into symbols with different meanings.

I like the idea of all of the flowers and roses out there that each have meaning behind them. I really like the color and look of the japanese tats with the flowers and koi and all that but I don’t think I would want the koi. I like the look of the black waves or kind of like lines that are the backdrop and some colorful lookin flowers thrown in there. Not really sure what else I would want. John Mayer has a pretty sick looking sleeve.

http://www.hollywoodbackwash.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/john-mayer-tattoo.jpg

So maybe I will try to think of something like that but throw my own ideas in.

I didn’t look long at all and I found a picture of something similiar to what you want. http://www.imagecows.com/uploads/6738-butterfly-strand-flower-tattoo-design.jpg Try searching something like “japanese flower and butterfly tattoo” or something like that. Hope that helps!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.