ThexNerdish
@

Ive been thinking about getting my left side done, and ive been thing about putting “Don’t let this win over you” as a reminder to not beat myself up over things I cant change. But, Someone I know also has those exact words tattooed on her body. I don’t wanna be a copy cat but those words fit so perfectly to what I want and hers has a totally different meaning.

Pretty much, can someone help me figure out something along those lines with out copyig her?

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

Is English your first language or is this a translation? I only ask because to me at least in English it doesnt really make sense.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder
ThexNerdish;66875 wrote:
Ive been thinking about getting my left side done, and ive been thing about putting “Don’t let this win over you” as a reminder to not beat myself up over things I cant change. But, Someone I know also has those exact words tattooed on her body. I don’t wanna be a copy cat but those words fit so perfectly to what I want and hers has a totally different meaning.

Pretty much, can someone help me figure out something along those lines with out copyig her?

Regardless of the meaning I think it’s a bit tacky to copy a tattoo, even more so if you know the person who has it.

Since you clearly have a deeper meaning behind this tattoo I would brainstorm a bit on what it actually means to you. Find a symbol, expression, object or theme that represents what you are trying to get at. I also agree with Cornishtiger, If you really want words on you I think there are much better ways to phrase what you want.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
Gsouder;66880 wrote:
I think there are much better ways to phrase what you want.

Agreed!

Those are English words but the sentence is far from being English at all. More like Japanese translated.

fa3d3
Participant
@fa3d3

you can maby try to twist it by using somthing like “something is better unchanged” or in that direction ๐Ÿ˜€

Best regards
Frederik

GlennWills
Participant
@glennwills

“it is better to be hated for who you are then to be loved for who you are not”

I think I’ve seen that on at least a dozen other people as a tattoo. I still like mine. Of course it’s a famous quote so maybe that falls into a different category.

Do whatever you want. It’s your body. If someone else has it shouldn’t make it mean less to you. But I do agree it’s rather odd wording.

fa3d3
Participant
@fa3d3

i agree with you glenn, if it means something to you, then it doesn’t matter if other people have the same text line tattooed ๐Ÿ˜€

and yeah, i think the sentence should be altered a bit ๐Ÿ˜€

i hope you can finde out what to get tattooed ๐Ÿ˜€

Best regard
Frederik

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.