ocsfan
Participant
@ocsfan

Hi. I’d like to get a portrait tattoo while in London – can anyone suggest a really good portrait artist in London, or the surrounding area?

If it helps, I’d like to get it on my back/shoulder, about 6 inches in diameter, it would be black/white, and very traditional. It’s Buster Keaton I’d like done – if you’re not familiar with him, he’s a silent comedian. 🙂

Thanks!
Steve

Greyhound
Participant
@greyhound

Darren Stares in Portsmouth is arguably the best portrait artist in the country, he is not far from London. He is booked up until next year though, but sometimes gets cancellations.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Evil from the needle in camden do a variety of great work incl portraits.

Sacred Art in Stoke also do some very nice pieces.

Diamond Jacks in Soho is another great studio but damn are they always busy.

Hope that helps.

Take Care
Matthew

ocsfan
Participant
@ocsfan

Thanks, both, for the suggestions! I should have mentioned that I’ll be around the western/midlands part of England for a few days as well as London (later), and will have a car, so anywhere between London, Stratford-Upon-Avon, and Bristol would work, including down to Portsmouth…

axis68
Participant
@axis68

Hi,

I highly recommend Jason Butcher of Immortal Ink in Chelmsford Essex for your portrait. About half hour on the train from London. Jason is known worldwide for his realism.

Check my profile for two photos of my Jimi Hendrix portrait that Jason did.

First sitting was six hours and I just had a second pass and a couple of additions on the piece last week, so I will post a pic when healed.

Darren Stares is a killer tattooist too and I have seen some great stuff from him.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.