Crack The Palaces
Participant
@crack-the-palaces

For my first tattoo, I’m highly considering getting this
2vm97gm.jpg

I’m going to take it to my artist (once I find one) and get it changed slightly, but it’ll still stay like that for the most part. It’ll be a little bigger than that for detail purposes and will start on my left hip and wrap around to my lower back.

My question is – do you guys think it’ll even make a good tattoo? I know I’ll have to find an extremely talented tattooist to get the detail of the dandelion perfect, but I know tattoos blur over time and I’m worried how messed up it can get. Like I said before, I’m getting it bigger to try to avoid that as much as possible, but I’m still worried.

gnarly
Participant
@gnarly

I’ve seen this picture a few times, or maybe it was something similar, either way I really like it!

I’m sorry, I can’t answer your question on whether or not it is a good candidate for a tattoo, but hopefully someone else can.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

Someone on here was considering getting that done, there was a thread where it was discussed whether it make a good tattoo or not.
I think it all came down to it’s possible, but you would have to go big.

Tajen
Participant
@tajen

Definitely a cool idea! I’m no artist by any means, but I do think it would look neat as a tattoo. My motto is “Go Big, or Go Home”:)

Crack The Palaces
Participant
@crack-the-palaces

Do you think I’d still have problems with it if I only got it twice as big? I wouldn’t want it any bigger than that.

Rockysmom
Participant
@rockysmom

I don’t think you would have to go that big. There isn’t much detailing to warrant a really large tattoo.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

It’s not so much detailing as aging. The problem with getting something small is it runs the risk of turning into a blob over time (the smaller the tatt, the quicker it turns into a blob)

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

its very doable and has infact been done many times :rolleyes:
but it will have to be at least double the size of your sample

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.