ArniVidar
@arnividar

Hey guys.

So, I’m trying to somehow plan my leg sleeves and I’m wondering what might be the best way for me to get a (relatively) accurate flat image of my legs. I have one idea but it’s complicated and before I go ahead with it I was wondering if you guys had any better ideas.

The thing is that I’ve seen artists using that thin sketching paper and laying it on a person, to get the general outlines of a certain space, and this is the basis for my idea.

I’d take paper and basically wrap the entire leg in paper, cutting and taping it to create a piece of paper that follows the contours of the leg. Then I’d just slice it off, down the back of my leg, and have a weird and wobbly looking ‘cast’ of the canvas that is my leg. I’d then just put that cut and taped shape on a large piece of white paper and have a workspace to design on. :rolleyes:

But this of course requires two people and lots of tape on hairy legs, so if you guys have a better idea I’m all ears (or eyes, as it would be on the internet) ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

What was the question?

-How to get an paper layout of your leg propperly?

Lison
Participant
@lison
BIKERinBLACK77;54542 wrote:
What was the question?

Thats what it sounds like to me, but i havent the slightest clue, so… yeah.

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77
Lison;54547 wrote:
Thats what it sounds like to me, but i havent the slightest clue, so… yeah.

Lol, yeah Idk either.
I wasn’t too sure how to respond.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

for The Hundred Acre Woods tattoo ?
i would think your artist will only need to make a quick drawing of any tricky parts of your leg
i never seen anyone make a full cast before :confused:

ArniVidar
@arnividar
BIKERinBLACK77;54542 wrote:
What was the question?

Yes thank you, I was tired and I see I didn’t quite put up an actual question.

You guys know of a better way to get a paper layout of my entire leg, other than cutting up pieces of paper and taping them together?

And this layout is simply too complex to walk in, try to explain what I want done (as you’ve plainly seen, I’m horrible at getting my thoughts out :)) and then actually get what I want. Since I’ll be building it one or two characters at a time (basically as I get money), I need to create the thing in Photoshop first and then bring a placement stencil with me to the tattoo studio. And yes.. this is for the hundred acres leg sleeve, and perhaps even for the other 3 leg/thigh sleeves if I go that route.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

i wuld suggest you design it 1st in photoshop and tell your artist that you want to build it up slowly characters at a time . that way even though its been done in parts it will gel better as one piece in the end ๐Ÿ™‚

ArniVidar
@arnividar
Butterfly_Kisses;54655 wrote:
i wuld suggest you design it 1st in photoshop and tell your artist that you want to build it up slowly characters at a time . that way even though its been done in parts it will gel better as one piece in the end ๐Ÿ™‚

Yes.. that’s what I was saying. This is why I need the layout of the leg, to be able to fit the pieces together in photoshop.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

I came across some templates for designing tattoos on arms once, maybe if you did a google search for ‘leg templates’ or something similar in google images?

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Basically you mark out the sections on your legs with a marker and divide them up into sections according to size and placement.

Then you photograph each area so it shows the boundary and measurement and add the design by photoshop – you can also mark out the same with paper. each section should contain the image you want adding as a guide to the artist.

The artist simply needs to know physical space he/she has and will shape the ink to suit the contours.

Take Care
Matthew

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.