fwid77
Participant
@fwid77

Im going to be getting my first tattoo soon. I want it to be about the size of my fist on my chest. I want something that represents my strong love for my fiancée without being a heart or her name or anything feminine like that. Any ideas or pictures would be extremely appreciated. Thanks.

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

First: Like I say to EVERYONE who hasn’t… you should FIRST introduce yourself to the forums before posting… it’s just something nice that you should do.

Anyways…
Do you two have a “thing” that you do/say.

For example, my best friend has a tattoo of shoes that an elephant would wear and it says her name under it. This represents a thing that they have together… like when you read someones lips when they’re mouthing the words “ELEPHANT SHOES” looks the same as if you were mouthing the words “I LOVE YOU”…. I personally think it’s cheesey, but they’ve been doing that since as long as I’ve known them.

You could always just get a pair of rings inter-connected or something.

We could use more info behind you two inorder to come up with something.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

I can see you’re using your head by not wanting to get her name tattooed on you.
Ummmmm, yeah, like Biker said, there’s probably something you two do together that would make a suitable tattoo.

fwid77
Participant
@fwid77

oops. sorry about the introduction. i wasn’t aware of that. i rarely ever go on forums. anyway thanks for the ideas. yeah i just know of to many people who have gotten name tattoos and later regretted it.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

why not just let her pick the tattoo , then she is involved and your not left with something cheesey on your chest for the rest of your life :rolleyes:

dine
Participant
@dine
Joker1;54216 wrote:
, there’s probably something you two do together that would make a suitable tattoo.

But who would you get to take the picture?

fwid77
Participant
@fwid77

Perhaps something that looks like some form of a vine or plant to represent growth? if anyone has some visual pics as well that would be awesome. Maybe it could be like an M. (her name is Michele) that looks as if it has grown from a vine? Good idea, Bad idea? What do you think? It could be altered as well if anything were to happen.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1
dine;54230 wrote:

Not sure what you mean.
And the vine idea would work fine as a tattoo 🙂

fwid77
Participant
@fwid77

Ive been thinking of a tree or vine that subtlely twists into an M. But now the issue of placement. I most often see tree and vines on the side but i dont really care for that on me. I was actually thinking of my chest.

illume666
Participant
@illume666

what about a M that turns into a heart at the bottom and has vines wrapped behind and around it?
i know you said no hearts but the M works so good for it 😛

rev_martin4
Participant
@rev_martin4
dine;54230 wrote:

Haha! They make tripods so that the camera or video camera can stand on its own.

In response to the OP, I’d get something you’d want regardless of how your relationship works out down the road. Get her involved in the process of choosing/designing it so that it becomes meaningful to both of you.

-Rev

fwid77
Participant
@fwid77

Actually that sounds like a really good idea. when I go see my artist ill throw that out there and see what we come up with. Thanks!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.