Rawer
Participant
@rawer

hey, guys and girls!

I’m new here!
I really suck at introducing my self so I’ll be brief!

here goes: I’m a guy from Norway/Iceland, i love music, all kinds of music that is, mainly metal though :rolleyes: hehe.. I play the guitar in a band. I work as an electrician, and i train martial arts (brazillian jiu jitsu, muay thai and mma 😀 )
so, now for the real thing..

I have always loved tattoo’s, and now i feel like it’s my turn!

So considering I am working out a lot and still building muscle, I’m kind of worried that i will stretch my skin and eventually stretch the tattoo if I’m not cautious. so basically what I was wondering is; if you guys know any good spots/areas on the human body where skin does not stretch a lot or if it is safe to get a tattoo and still bulk up your muscles(naturally of course, no drugs involved)

i plan to start off with a smaller piece somewhere, and then get a back piece, which basically covers my upper and middle section of the back.. this one will be a Raven with its wings spread and head in a profile perspective. this is an idea I’ve wanted to fulfill as my name is “Hrafn” this is Icelandic and translates to Raven in English.

summary:
Q1: do you know any good spots/areas too start with which do not get affected too much by muscle growth?
Q2: is the idea of a Raven back piece doable and a good idea?
Q3: Any ideas and/or links to sources which will help me on my way with a music inspired tattoo=

Thanks in advance, all answers appreciated.

– Hrafn

bittytoffee
Participant
@bittytoffee

Fraid I cannot help you with the position of a tattoo, but I’m sure someone who can will be along shortly!
I just wanted to comment on the below quote:

Rawer;52755 wrote:
my name is “Hrafn” this is Icelandic and translates to Raven in English.

Oooooo – that’s awesome! Since once upon a time meeting someone called Ravn, I’ve always thought of that as the best male name ever.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

Q1 – The lower back won’t get affected much at all.
Q2 – Definitely doable, I love tattoos incorporating ravens and crows, i’ve seen some great ones done.
Q3 – There’s a guy on here doing a music inspired sleeve, you can search for his thread to get some ideas.

Hope that helps!

ChaosDani
Participant
@chaosdani

You should be ok as long as you’re not planning on getting HUGE. I know a couple of people who gained a lot of weight (not muscle, but they still put on several inces of girth) and their tattoos look fine now- not distorted or anything. If you’re bulking up naturally, your skin will be able to handle the expanding muscle without making stretch marks.

I think a raven backpiece is both doable and a great idea. 😀 I’m biased though because I have a raven sidepiece in the works… What style are you going with? Are you going to have any background, or just the raven?

Rawer
Participant
@rawer

Thanks for answers!

Regarding the raven back piece I am planning to have it black and gray… Don’t know about background yet, but i guess things will be sorted out when i start planning it with an artist.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Blessaður Hrafn, og velkominn í hópinn 🙂

This is not the first time people ask this question, and in general the answers are always the same. As long as the area isn’t stretched too fast, there will not be stretch marks, and as long as you’re not bulking up with steroids you will not grow so large as to distort the image.

I guess the real problem areas would always be the biceps and triceps, since they have the greatest capacity of rapid and extreme expansion. I can’t imagine any other place on the body where the skin could ever expand so drastically as to stretch the tattoo.

Rawer
Participant
@rawer

takk, takk… gott að ég ekki er einasti Íslendingurinn hér 🙂

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

the back is a good place, also to build up naturally takes years , your skin will be able to cope with it as long as its slowly and not over a short time .

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

The lower leg would be a good place to start. I spent a lot of time in the bodybuilding world. It takes a lot of time and a lot of drugs to affect the lower leg area. Calves are predominantly genetic

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.