Ben-
Participant
@ben

http://www.tattoos-by-design.co.uk/rate_my_tattoo/tattoos/tattoo/act/Maori_Calf_Tattoo_8061373764224.jpg i was thinking of gettin this tattoo or sumthing like it so i printed off a picture of it and im going to bring it to my local tattoo studio. but the filling on the tattoo is detailed and quite blurry on the picture and i dont want the tattoo artist to just do random lines to make up for the stuff he cant see because i think its a maori tattoo and different patterns mean different things. what should i do?

PsychoticInk
Participant
@psychoticink

It is pretty normal for clients to bring in photo copies of art to be designed and tattooed on them. I can only speak from my experiances of coarse. But I usually need a pretty good copy to work with. Some times a copy off the internet will have the addey printed on the bottom corner of the page. I will try to pull up the design and get a better copy if need be. Some clients can get disappointed when some designs they chose are just not formatted for tattooing. Example being that there are just to many fine lines to close together that will become blurry if done. Now most studios are very well aware of most flash artists out there and will generally have a pretty good idea of most designs. Its best to take what you have and simply ask the artists if they can work with the copy and design that you have chosen. The design appears to be Samoan and I have seen worse copies than that. They should be able to work with it.

PsychoticInk
Participant
@psychoticink

See if this may help a bit. Still not real clear though

Ben-
Participant
@ben

:)thanks for the advice! ill bring it in in a few weeks and see what they can do for me

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.