G3NESYS
Participant
@g3nesys

Ok… My fiance’s little brother… Hes 17 years old now and has pretty much always been in trouble. Always had an attitude, been in fights, arguements, all that stuff. Well, i’m giving him a ride to one of his buddies houses the other day, and he starts tellin me how he’s giving tattoos. This is also the kid who told me a couple years ago he took 13 shots of vodka and didnt even feel it… so i know he has the tendency to lie/exaggerate.

I never thought twice about it, so i never said anything to my girl about it… just pretty much forgot about it. Well a couple days later, my girl comes in and says “TYLER HAS SHEDTOWN DOTS ON HIS HAND!” Shedtown is pretty much the low-end of town for white people, and not to far from where my girl and her family live. Shedtown dots are 5 dots like a 5 on a dice on the webbing of your thumb and first finger…

Well,i guess a few days letter his mom goes in his room, finds tattoo needles, ink, water bottles, the soap… i think green soap or whatever it is called, the whole nine. So needless to say he has been givin tattoos out of his room. She confiscated all his supplies, of course.

My thing is… this kid doesnt have a real bright lookin future. he’s not doing very good in school, he could do better but hes always getting suspended or kicked out of classes. So i think tattooing could help him straighten his lfie out, give him a vent, and maybe give him something to work for, a goal in life. So i jsut didnt know what someone would have to do to get started tatooing the RIGHT way. Like, what could i do for him, or tell him to do to maybe turn this into something he can make a positive rather than a negative.

Thanks

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

his best way is to get a portfolio together of his artwork (not tattoos done in a bedroom or a kitchen)
make sure all his drawings and paintings look exceptionally well finished.

get him to take them around to some of the tattoo studio’s nearby and ask for their opinion on his work. but remember some places wont allow under 18’s in their premises even to watch a tattoo being done. so he might be better to do it once he is 18 yrs old.

tell him to stop giving tattoo’s immediately as he aint working safely 😡

that is the best advice i could give to him.

brandifaye
Participant
@brandifaye

i think you may be right. My sister’s boyfriend was not dumb in the least but he simply didn’t care much about school, after high school he started apprenticing at a tattoo shop and now after 3 months he’s working full time doing great tattoos, it’s a good goal to strive for. i’d encourage it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.