ACB
Participant
@acb

Hi all, I’ve just sat through 2 and a half painful hours getting my shoulder blade tattooed and I’m currently bandaged up. I know how to look after tattoos until they’re healed but I don’t know how long I have to wait to play sports again. My artist told me atleast three days but I’ve got football (soccer for you Americans :p) training tomorrow. Will it be safe after three days or until its fully healed?

Cheers guys 🙂

Adi

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

this subject has been covered many times……. use the search button !!

Aero_Dave
Participant
@aero_dave

I would say 3 days is fine. Shouldn’t hurt to cover (bandage) it up during your training and then remove afterwards.

Personally, I’m always dumb-founded by the above response to questions posted on the boards. I’ve always taken the old-school approach of “the only dumb question is the one not asked” yet when someone does ask (no matter how many times it’s been asked before) instead of giving the simplest & quickest answer to the question, people are put-down and told to basically “find it yourself”. I’m twice-as-surprised to see this coming from a Moderator. :confused:

Dave…

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

3 days is the min but best waiting a week if the sport is a contact one or is likely to cause any scraping of skin.

@ Dave

I can understand the argument eitherway – I do not mind repeating answers to a degree, but of late (and this is not aimed at you ACB) there has been a number of ‘hit and run’ posts where people just jump in grab the answer and off they go never to be seen again.

This can have a negative effect on people as the idea is for people to interact not just grab and go.

Also I know the argument that is what a forum is for – to which Outlaw can easily state if the answer is in the resources why repeat it.

Both are valid in their own way.

Take Care
Matthew

Aero_Dave
Participant
@aero_dave

Mathrew, no problem. I too understand that answering the same old questions get old. I also know that some will just come in, seeking the quick answer & then never come back. But how do we know their true meaning? I mean, most of those who ask the (what may seem like simple) questions that using the seach function will net you Tons of answers / post, but also these are usually the newbie’s that don’t even know how to use the search button. If 1 of their first post (may seem like) are a put-down, then maybe that’s why they don’t come back?
Sure, I’ve read many-a-post and thought to myself, just use the dam search button. And then I don’t answer the question either and just move on, but that’s not really helping anyone either. So I try to answer, if I have the time, whenever I can. Although I don’t post alot, being here for more than a year, I do like to come in and read alot. Usually it’s right afer I’ve gotten new ink, it brings me back in here.
I’m not trying to slam the Mod’s here, really. I’m just 1 voice / opinion. Maybe I’m having a bad day?
I’ll behave, please don’t banned me. :rolleyes:

Dave…

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi Dave

😀

No worries I have no desire to ban or upset anybody.

I was just showing the flip-side of an argument nothing more – there is nothing serious attached to it which is why I had no probs with answering the question anyway.

It is good sometimes to air these things as it gets us thinking and communicating.

Take Care
Matthew

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.