Chronic
Participant
@chronic

Hey, first post here… looks like a great community here & im falling in love with Tatt’s so glad i found it 🙂

So far ive got a Zen Enso on my shoulder (which i want to get redone as it hasnt got the desired painbrush effect) and a mushroom (dont ask) on my rib cage…

Im looking to get a new tattoo & wanted a bit of advice on placement, i thought it best to ask on a foum first as i dont wanna go to the shop, they tell me its a bad place then have to rethink on the spot, thats how people get tattoos they dont want id imagine…

Im 100% sure i wanna go with a Buddha on my hip, with 3 lines of sanskrit script as a halo

I want it low on my hip, just above the boxer line, so it will probably curve over the hip bone itself

Am i just deluded thinking that its gonna work going over the hip?

(Perhap i need to get off my my ass & do some work on my side abs then it wont curve so much!)

Thanks in advance for any advice

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

shame your first post was here and not in the introduction section !!

Chronic
Participant
@chronic

why is that so important?

i still introduced myself in my first post! :confused:
i said hi, what tattoos ive got etc….

i have never ever posted in an introduction forum, at most forums people dont even go there so its usually pointless…most of the time its full of posts instroducing yourself & not one perosn has read it let alone replied!
if you want everyone to post in the introduction section first then your probably gonna lose alot of people posting here

posting in forums should have as few rules as possible, what happened to ‘outlaw’ spirit?

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

thats just how we like it here , what is the big problem with it ?
no one here will lose sleep if we lose a few people because they dont want to do an introduction :rolleyes:

and by the way they is better places to put a buddha tattoo than on the hips , ribs , back , arm all would be better placed.
stay away from anywhere below the knee also as its seen as being disrespectful

Chronic
Participant
@chronic

thanks for replying

im going to get it on my back, but alot to the right hand side, so its almost on the hip…
i didnt mean on the front of the hip (facing forward) i meant on the side…on that fleshy bit just above the right asscheek, on top of the buddha & the halo im gonna get a tribal design that stretches across the ribcage & peaks on the right chest muscle…

Its gonna be a beautiful piece i just have to find a good artist to put my idea on paper, then on me

i think having sanskrit lines as a halo is a good idea
im sure its been done but i still think its an awesome idea 🙂

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

even though buddha was indian it would prob be more fitting if your script was in tibetan
as the buddhist prayers and book of the dead are written in it

Chronic
Participant
@chronic

to go into more detail im going to have 3 lines of script as the halo
one line in sanskrit, one in tibetan & one in chinese

the scripts probably going to have to be larger than i first had in mind, as over time the writing will widen & i dont want it to blur years from now & become unreadable…im sure its gonna turn into quite a large, but nice back/side piece

theres not much point in having a little buddha there anyway, might aswell go larger :rolleyes:

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.