Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

the forums not been the same with you missing Matthew .

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

i wasnt aiming a missile mate, just off loading some thoughts as to the post before yours…. as this is a tattoo forum i took it as it was tattoo related and was trying to be witty towards artists …. sorry if it seemed to be aimed at you matthew.

i know how you feel about artists and the hidden hard work they put into it…. and as always your input is respected by others as well as myself icon_respekt.gif

Jrage
Participant
@jrage

why not? chances are if it exists, plenty of people already have it tattooed. but if you got some sort of connection to oriental culture or kanji, get it inked. i love japanese culture and plan on getting some kanji myself, but just cause a million people already have it doesn’t mean you still can’t make yours original.

Aero_Dave
Participant
@aero_dave

For me personally, I like the Kanji symbols better than just straight English letters for MY tattoo. I got mine (Family) after my father was diagnosed with terminal cancer. I also understand it’s not for everyone. I remember sitting in a bar one day and the guy next to me, sparks up a conversation about tattoo’s. At first I thought he was just making conversation and being kind-of cool about it, but then I started to get ‘That’ feeling. He started on about ‘Why do people always get Chinese symbols on them. I mean White people. Why can’t you just get English letters” So I started with ‘well for me, tattoos and the Chinese culture, bla, bla, bla…” Then he stops me and starts telling me why He doesn’t like it. His Father & Grandfather , Great Grandfather, fought in the wars, against the Chinese, bla, bla, bla… Then I said “Hey, I was in the service too, I did my time. My daughter has just joined the service as a Police Officers too, so what’s that have to do with anything. I didn’t, nor did you fight any Chinese. Shit my father did 20 years in and was shot-up in Korea too, but that too has Nothing to do with my tattoos.”
Well then he started to get a little more angry and that’s when I say dude, let’s just end this entire conversation Now, before shit gets out-of-hand. He stopped talking for a few minutes, kept drinking and then said your right, you’re probably a cool guy and I should just shut-up before I get into trouble. Then he left. This is exactly why sometimes, when asked about my ink, I just say very little. You never know where it’s going to lead too. To each his or her own, right. Get what you like, for whatever reason you want.
As I once read, “Respect for one’s Parents is the highest duty of civil life” Great saying.
FYI, I have a full (right) sleeve all in Japanese / Chinese style. I have my full (left) sleeve done in Hindu style. Why, because that’s what I like and each tattoo has a personal meaning to ME.

Enjoy life!

Dave…

family.jpg

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Just wanted to say that is a very sweet tattoo.

I do not tend to discuss my ink outside of the forum unless it is with fellow enthusiasts for similar reasons.

There is (sadly) a lot of misconception and outright prejudice about ink and the varying styles amongst a small but vocal minority.

As I say to them if you do not like them then don’t look because it is not something I can rub off. 😀

Take Care
Matthew

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

very nice looking tattoo

fwid77
Participant
@fwid77

I personally think that people only get them based on how that they look “cool.” Im not asian and would never get one. Its only because chinese designs are unique to us as non asians that people get them. Im talking about lettering. not like dragons or anything like that. I guess it all boils down to personal preferance.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.