hops523
    Participant
    @hops523

A little while ago I posted an idea about how I wanted a cross tattoo with my moms initials with some other stuff involved. After the response I got with everyone thinking my mom passed away, which she hasn’t, I asked for other suggestions. Someone mentioned a virgin mary tattoo. At first I was a little partial to the idea because I didn’t think a virgin mary tattoo would look good where I wanted to get it(upper back). After thinking about how to add to the idea, and incorporate my mother, I think I’ve come up with an idea and I’d like your opinions.

I’m thinking a virgin mary with roses either on the bottom or arching over her, with 2 bluebirds above, and with one of my moms favorite bible scriptures( I’d shorten it a bit). All in black/grey. The birds are the new york state bird, which is where my mom was born and raised.

This is just a rough idea I’m trying to go with, can anyone add suggestions?
    Thanks

Injun
    Participant
    @injun

It sounds like a great idea! Just hope the scripture isn’t too long. A long worded scripture can look messy in my opinion.

Joker1
    Participant
    @joker1

Sounds pretty good, and sounds do-able to me (I’m no expert though). Why all in black and grey though?

hops523
    Participant
    @hops523

Yeah, even if the scripture is too long, I’ll try to shorten it, or find another one she likes.

The reason Im doing it in black and grey is because I have darker skin(I’m black), and colors probably wouldn’t show up as well. Actually, I’m somewhat light for being black, but I guess it’s something I’d have to talk to the artist about.

Joker1
    Participant
    @joker1

I’ve seen a few virgin mary tattoos in some of the tattoo magazine’s I’ve got, and the ones that catch my eye are the really colourful pieces. The design you’re suggesting sounds like colour would suit it, but then again, it might look really classy in black and grey.
    How black are you, say, Michael Jackson in the Jackson 5 era, Michael Jackson in the Thriller era, or Michael Jackson in the recent years?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.