poontang83
    Participant
    @poontang83

I wanting the attached tattoo, and I think im settled on the attached position.
    Was just wanting some 3rd party opions, so be honest I’m a big boy (as you can see). Does the sizing and position look about right?
    I’m also interested in how many of you know what it means?

mastern.jpg

caponback1.jpg

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

hi welcome to the forum !

To be honest a burly guy like yourself has a lot more potential to get a real killer tattoo done on your back.
    your back is your biggest canvas for a tattoo and even if you are not planning to get anymore done at the moment they are very addictive .
    Most people even start thinking of what they want doing next while they are still sat in the tattooist chair :rolleyes: .
    if you are set on this design i think i would place it at the top of one of your arms .
    (im not a tribal fan so i can’t really comment on the design ) 😀

Joker1
    Participant
    @joker1

If you bump it up a bit to the nape of your neck sort of area it would sit well.

And it’s tribal, they don’t mean anything. If someone tries telling you their tribal tatt translates as ‘courage’ or something, they’re most likely full of shit.

poontang83
    Participant
    @poontang83

Thankx for both your valued opions.
    The sign is for Capricorn (google images is your friend)

Heres is the other idea I am also playing with but I doubt I will be brave enough to go through with it for my 1st time, and I wont be able to go ahead with it either if I have my 1st idea done. (please ignore the orange outlines, it was a 5 minute photoshop effort).

editedon1o.jpg

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

well thats better but i still think its a bit of a waste of canvas :rolleyes:
    seeing that google is your friend type in it back piece and have a good look 😉

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

First of all I was gonna ask is that one of the tribal signs for memnoch – but I figured you were prob not a satanist so was wondering is it astrological – thanks for teh answer you can kinda see the goats head when you look at it.

Now down to the serious issue of first time ink.

I would suggest having a look through my blog on here or click on my sig that will answer many of your questions.

As for both pieces;

The first piece will work ok on a bicep/tricep – which might be your best bet for a first piece.

The second is frankly a waste of skin.

The back is usually reserved for major pieces of works or a series of tattoos that flow into a collage of a true collection.

The main issue is that ink is meant to bring confidence and pleasure to the wearer it can also become a lifelong addiction.

My serious advice is do not get something lame – women do not like shit tattoos, they love artistic ink.

If you really must I would suggest your upper arm but I would seriously reconsider both designs and ask do you want them in 30 years.

You will be able to handle the pain no problem once you get into a few mins of it.

Take Care
    Matthew

richiex
    Participant
    @richiex

Hello and welcome:)

The longer you’re on this forum you’ll see that Matthew speaks a lot of sense.
    From personal experience, my first tat was at the top of my arm back in 1992. Thinking back, I wish
    I had got it bigger but I’ve recently got it covered up and now have my left/right chest covered with larger pieces and I’m delighted. So, I would have a big think about it. The pain isn’t that bad and you certainly won’t regret it if you start off with the right piece.

Oh…go Japanese!!! 😀

savagejon123
    Participant
    @savagejon123

Personally I see small tattoos as a waste, especially with tribal. Im not a fan, but if someones geting tribal it might as well cover an entire arm. My opinions.

poontang83
    Participant
    @poontang83

Thanks again for all your opions, I hear what your saying about the top of the arm, this was orginally my 1st thought, but after playing around in photoshop it just doesnt look right, it looks silly if to small and it doesnt look right large either.

The hole idea in this 1st one is to get a feel for tattooing, the pain during and afterwards is one of the things I’m curious about but the whole healing process is something I want to learn also. After this I will no doubt plan bigger and better things.

This may sound silly now but I’m not much interested in large back tattoos, therefore I wont be looking to do this in the future, I think my arms will be the way forward.

Other than the top of my arm is there any other places any other places where this tattoo may fit?

PS I will always be working in a office style enviroment so unfortantly I must be in an area that can be covered by clothing.

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

you could place it on your chest , either side will look fine . i still wouldnt get it done to small though :rolleyes:

bjornvil
    Participant
    @bjornvil
    poontang83;49177 wrote:
    This may sound silly now but I’m not much interested in large back tattoos, therefore I wont be looking to do this in the future, I think my arms will be the way forward.

Dude… that is the same way I felt originally. Today I wouldn´t mind a large backpiece if funds allowed. Tattoos are addicting! And I did the same mistake many young people getting first time tattoos do. I got something that didn´t mean shit just because I thought it looked cool at the time. A few years down the road… not so cool anymore. I am happy today because I got it covered up recently with an exellent piece of ART!

If you really think you would like that tribal design on you, then print it out, put it somewhere where you see it everyday, many times a day. Then if you still like it in a few weeks, go ahead.

This is what my current artist tells people who ask him to do some generic tribal shit: “Don´t make me put that shit on you, because you´re gonna make me cover that up in a few years!”

Really… put some serious thought into your tattoo, you are going to wear it for the REST OF YOUR LIFE!!!

Good luck 😀

Xirus
    Participant
    @xirus

In my opinion your 1st one would look good on either of your upper arms.
    I have no clue about the other one because I am not really into tribal,although I do have to admit to taking the design for the tattoo I am getting next month from a tribal. What I did was I took a tribal design (of a dragon wrapped around a sword) to my local tattoo shop,and told them not to do it in tribal,but to do it in their own art style.

So if you find a tribal design that you really like you can always have them change it up and make it look good if you want.

Btw I thought your first tattoo meant V8 as in the car/truck engine!lol

ArniVidar
    @arnividar
    poontang83;49177 wrote:
    The hole idea in this 1st one is to get a feel for tattooing, the pain during and afterwards is one of the things I’m curious about but the whole healing process is something I want to learn also. After this I will no doubt plan bigger and better things.

Other than the top of my arm is there any other places any other places where this tattoo may fit?

PS I will always be working in a office style enviroment so unfortantly I must be in an area that can be covered by clothing.

As I do not like tribal tattoos I will not tell you I hate the design, but I wanted to tell you that I was thinking the same thing when I got my first one. I wanted to see if I could handle them and how they would heal on me and such. Might I point out, however, that the back would essentially be the worst place on your body to place a tattoo if you want to be able to properly take care of it yourself and learn of the healing process and such. Basically, you’ll have a hard time reaching it, you’ll never see it with your own eyes (only through mirrors and camera lenses) making applying the correctly thin layer of lotion that much more difficult and you’ll probably always be sleeping on it (this place basically always touches the pillow, no matter how you sleep) and creating problems.

As you have already said, you will probably plan bigger and better things on your body, and doing your first on the back would also ruin valuable space for a real tattoo. You also stated that you do not like big black tattoos, which is kinda weird considering you posted two tribal ideas… which are nothing but huge black lines.

My first (my zodiac sign, incidentally) is on the outside of my calf, and if you want a place that cannot be seen that is basically your torso and back, upper 1/3rd of your arms (again, like the back these are most often reserved for real tattoos) and your entire lower body. You have PLENTY of canvas below the waist. Why not put one there?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.