westcoastlocal
    Participant
    @westcoastlocal

so i have a half sleeve of a coifish its prety big and its facing down,im really only semi superstitious but ever since a guy came up to me and told me he saw on sum tv show that its bad luck,its been on my mind none stop and explains alot lol,does anyone have any ideas of what i can do to off set the bad luck,maybe sumthing i can add to it or another tat i can get to change the luck for the better?

thank you

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

Hi , this has been talked about on here before !

I actually asked my Japanese friend about this and he laughed and said no one in Japan cares much about it .
    he also said that in many paintings koi swim both down and upwards .
    I would love to see your tattoo if you have a pic , and if i ever wanted a koi fish i would just pic the one that fits where i want it best more than worrying about which way its facing :rolleyes:

westcoastlocal
    Participant
    @westcoastlocal

ive was up late one nite researching it and found alot of bad juju about it thru Chinese history the closest thing i came across was to add flowers to it, i thought maybe adding another coi swimming up on my inner arm sumhow, i do have lots of dragons too so maybe even doing one transforming to dragon, even tho there supossed to swim to the top of the yellow river first and pass thru sum arch?

westcoastlocal
    Participant
    @westcoastlocal

i do have a pic of it im just not sure how to post it yet im a newbe here???

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

you can upload it to your album or use photobucket :rolleyes:

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

First of all this whole thing of ‘luck’ is nothing more than random odds of sometimes millions to 1 of for or against. It is attributal factors that can physically effect the outcome.

The fact of the matter is if you are gonna get hit by say a car the factors that would accelerate your odds would be factors such as;

Weather conditions

Speed of the car

Your positioning eg nearer the road or blind corner more chance been hit.

Health of the driver (healthy free from drugs alcohol or not).

Your health and condition (eg are you alert or staggering around).

Visibility for both.

Random element – child, person, animal, vehicle, object coming out into the road.

There are prob a lot more factors that can be argued but how the hell would this effect a person with some ink that a non-tattooed person?

Plain fact it doesn’t!

The whole thing about koi up or down is just a fable the same way for some black cats are lucky or unlucky or tossing the end piece of a cornish pasty down a minehole.

It is all superstition and has nothing to do with ‘luck’.

Seriously you need to find something else to worry about.

If however you are really concerned and will not settle there are 2 things I can tell you;

The lotus flower means life – it is meant to protect the wearer.

Secondly a known fact is that many koi swim upstream for mating grounds (shows the legend of perseverance) and it became a dragon etc.

What the story doesn’t say is that over 50% of them die in the attempt (wild koi here not farm) so for one to be able to swim back down river = one tough mf.

Take Care
    Matthew

flying eyeball tattoo
    Participant
    @flying-eyeball-tattoo

I have to be honest with you. From what you’ve told us I can tell you with absolute certainty that your life will most likely come to an end sometime within the next 60 or 70 years….. Probably, but maybe longer…

LMAO!!! Don’t fall for any of that Hokey pokey nonsensical crap! If you’re not even Asian, why subscribe to Asian superstition? If you did, by the same token wouldn’t you be just as likely to suffer bad juju from superstitions in every culture and background as well? You’d never be able to keep up. Virtually everything you do will be considered bad luck to someone, or good luck to another. Don’t worry, be happy drink beer and so on……:)

RYUU
    Participant
    @ryuu

If ever you are having doubts could you not just hold your arm up in the air ? eg putting lottery on keep that arm raised when picking those 6 numbers etc…. I’m sorry……..

Up, down, in, out……..makes no odds to luck 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.