hops523
    Participant
    @hops523

To make a long story short a couple months ago I made a deposit for my tattoo I will be getting after I turn 18. The tattoo is a dedication to my mom. It consists of clouds with sun rays shining onto a cross with her first initial on the left side and her last initial on the right side of the cross, there will also be roses beneath the cross and initials. Now I really like this idea, but I feel like it’s somewhat generic and not original. I know you all don’t know me personally, but I’d appreciate it if you all can give me some ideas to make this more original.
    Thanks

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

First of all you have to remember this a ‘in memory’ tattoo so I would advise going against anything that would make it look gaudy or extreme just to be different.

There are several things you could add

You could have a dove or a favourite bird/butterfly etc resting on the cross or flying above it. If it was a lizard it does not matter as this is in memory of your mum and you are defining what made her so.

You could have a favourite locket or similar hanging from a chain incorporated – maybe even wrapped or hanging from the cross.

You could have the notes from her favourite song placed amongst the clouds.

You could have a favourite quote or saying running down the length of the cross.

Take Care
    Matthew

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

hi many in memory tattoos have a similar feel about them because people put elements into the tattoo that symbolizes the loss and love for the person .
    if you are going black and gray with the tattoo i think a little coloured butterfly would be a nice touch .
    Butterflies have a lot of symbolism :rolleyes:

hops523
    Participant
    @hops523

I’m sorry, when I said a dedication, I meant my mother is still living. This is just a dedication to show what she means to me. Good ideas though, and yes I will be going black and gray

Joker1
    Participant
    @joker1

Haha had to laugh when I read that last post! Don’t get a cross with your mother’s name on it if she’s still alive!

Injun
    Participant
    @injun

Yep, crosses signify they have passed. You wouldn’t want that yet.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Damn I am sorry about that.

I usually associate crosses with a person’s passing and thought you meant a dedication of memory.

Take Care
    Matthew

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

same here , i think i would skip getting her name or initials :confused:

hops523
    Participant
    @hops523

Oh boy back to square one, trying to figure out a new tattoo design haha. Actually maybe not, the main reason I chose a cross is because without my mom I would have never found god, and finding god has made a huge impact in my life. So that plus the fact that my mom is the number one person in my life. I just don’t really know how to tie those two aspects together in one tattoo.

Joker1
    Participant
    @joker1

Hmm maybe Virgin Mary – the ultimate religious milf

daveyboy88
    Participant
    @daveyboy88

hello everyone im new on this and wated to start a new thread but dnt know how~?????? i wanna get a tattoo with a message on my upper right arm but i want it boxed in so like a upper sleeve sorta thing. does anyone know wehere i can get any ideas for this as im new to all this and dnt really know wot to be asking and where? thanks

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.