jameskid
    Participant
    @jameskid

hello phirst poast.
    anyway ive had some ideas for my phirst tat and this is one of them.
    what do you guys think of it?
    first2.jpg
    yeah the taurus is kinda too much detail, going to have to replace it with just the head of the bull.
    but you get the concept. on one of the circles it says dragon in chinese and the second its a taurus.

pls reply! :rolleyes:

Doowstados
    Participant
    @doowstados

What is the significance of the tattoo?

Also, how big do you want it, where are you getting it?

If you aren’t chinese or it isn’t representing the Chinese zodiac I would get rid of the Chinese writing. A lot of people find it tacky.

jameskid
    Participant
    @jameskid

lol sorry i forgot to mention.
    i was born on the year of the dragon in the chinese calendar. and my birth date lands on the month of the taurus in the regular calendar. the characteristics of the bull is what represents my personality too.
    the infinite sign is self explanatory.
    it will go on the back of my right calf covering a scar. size would probably be 3×6; lxw.
    and yes i am chinese. so it means alot.

Doowstados
    Participant
    @doowstados

Then I think its a nice design. i think you should add some flair to the infinity sign though somehow.

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

Hi

I personally think its too much going on in one tattoo and unless you are going to go large with it you are going to end up with one nice big black blog in a year or two after you get this tattooed !
    And to be honest if you are going in for a large tattooed they is better designs out there that could possibly mean the same to you !

Secondly to the person who commented that it would be tacky to get the chinese part , i do not see how getting a tattoo in chinese can be tacky ?
    to me its just the same as someone getting , greek , arabic , french , latin and japanese !

And i actually plan on getting my grandmother’s name tattooed in either chinese or japanese soon to go along with my dragon because it ties in well with my half sleeve .
    so if thats tacky i would suggest do not come out with narrow minded comments like that ! 😡

Doowstados
    Participant
    @doowstados
    Butterfly_Kisses;48055 wrote:
    Hi

I personally think its too much going on in one tattoo and unless you are going to go large with it you are going to end up with one nice big black blog in a year or two after you get this tattooed !
    And to be honest if you are going in for a large tattooed they is better designs out there that could possibly mean the same to you !

Secondly to the person who commented that it would be tacky to get the chinese part , i do not see how getting a tattoo in chinese can be tacky ?
    to me its just the same as someone getting , greek , arabic , french , latin and japanese !

And i actually plan on getting my grandmother’s name tattooed in either chinese or japanese soon to go along with my dragon because it ties in well with my half sleeve .
    so if thats tacky i would suggest do not come out with narrow minded comments like that ! 😡

If there is a personal reason that the characters are aimed towards or if the characters fit the theme of an overall tattoo design then it is not tacky. To me it is tacky if say he were to just randomly get a character for “Dragon” with no thought at all into why other than it sounds good.

For example, if someone were to get a Japanese Kanji that said “Evil” (Or whatever they want it to say) for no real reason other than it sounds badass and looks cool in Chinese, I would think that as generic and boring. People get tattoos like this all the time with no regard as to what they are doing. This is over done and tacky. (Remember, in my opinion.)

I apologize if what I said before was unclear in any way, the thread starter asked for opinion so I provided mine.

No offense was intended.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

To simplify the tattoo have you considered getting a bull head poss 3/4 or side profile with the chinese character either branded into the skull or from a nose ring?

You could also go head and shoulders and have it placed along the shoulder.

Alternatively why not go big and get a dragon encircling a wild bull in the infinity shape.

There is so much you can do with your concepts work with it a little more.

Take Care
    Matthew

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.