mysticfirefly
    Participant
    @mysticfirefly

I have a tattoo that I kind of like, but need to make some changes.
    It was one of those awful ‘relationship’ tattoos, and is no longer relevant. The problem is, I get a lot of comments on it and I actually kind of like the design. At this point it’s pretty faded and old, so even if I decided to keep it as is I would need to have it touched up.
    I’m wanting to either cover it completely, or just add something to it, or change it slightly to kill the original meaning. Any ideas on what can be done to tweak the original design? I have a lotus picked out in case I can’t find a good solution to just adding on or changing it.
    Thanks in advance!!

CIMG0098.jpg

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

You could have a staff added in the background and give it the medical symbol.

There are plenty of other options really;

Floral designs either at the base or wrapping around the edges.

Could have some lattice or knotwork as a border.

Add some some other animal totems or heads eg a larger snake rising above them – not sure if feminine enough on that one though.

Alternatively a deep coloured lotus or similar would cover it up but if I am honest that tattoo did not really scream relationship over at me I would def get a rework of it myself.

Take Care
    Matthew

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

hi , the tattoo is quite nice i think i would personally just get the whole tattoo re done
    maybe add some more texture and change some colours .

you could always have a lotus under the snakes and then some smoke coming out the lotus flower and around behind the snakes .
    snakes are used in hindu and buddhist imagery all the time so they should tie in together quite well ๐Ÿ˜‰

mysticfirefly
    Participant
    @mysticfirefly

Ooh, neat ideas! I really like the idea of adding a floral element to it. You guys are awesome!

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

๐Ÿ˜€ keeping telling us ๐Ÿ˜‰ we love our egos massaging LOL

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

Just wanted to agree with Sherav that for me this does not say relationship at all. For me, this is just duality and opposites and cooperation…. even a yin and a yang. If YOU decide it stands for something else, then the meaning has changed and you don’t have to view it as a reminded of an undesirable past.

mysticfirefly
    Participant
    @mysticfirefly

Yeah, I was smart enough to NOT get the name done. Since no one really knows what it was supposed to mean originally I was debating over actually covering it. I think I’ve decided to keep it, I do like it. I’m going to look at adding some kind of floral element. I really like the idea of giving it a slightly more feminine touch.
    ๐Ÿ˜€
    Thanks for you advice! Now I just need to find an artist to work with me on the add on’s.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.