bozek36
    Participant
    @bozek36

Hello all! I’ve been wanting this tattoo for a while now (since I was 14) and I’m now 16. Next birthday, I’m hopefully going to be getting the tattoo that I’ve wanted for 3, long years. I’m 5’10, 180 pounds and somewhat built for a 16 year old seeing as how I weight lift to play football. I never liked back tattoos on people that appeared to be too skinny, and I think I’ve reached the point in my maturing that I can actually get this tattoo and make it look respectable. The design I’ll be wanting to get is…

http://www.tattoojohnny.com/tattoo-design-view.asp?sku=CRF-00041&k=eagle&page=1&prods=BWF-00007,SOF-00327,CRF-00258,BWF-00047,SOF-00183,ANF-01733,CRF-00041,DVF-00006,FYF-00002,KRF-00038,JIF-00069,LOF-00028,&currentimage=6

I’ll want it to go from shoulderblade to shoulderblade and down 1/3 of my back. I’m going to go ahead and make a guess that this’ll be about 500 dollars? But, what do you guys think?

Also, what else could I maybe add to this tattoo to make it look nicer? I don’t really like words in tattoo’s for me because I truthfully think I’d easily regret a phrase or saying. Anyone have an idea, or should I just leave it as is?

Thanks a bunch!

Also, here’s a picture of my back, just so you guys can maybe also tell me if it would even look good (in your opinion). Can be harsh too, it’ll help my decision most likely.

2iuti5x.jpg

CruisingComet
    Participant
    @cruisingcomet

Hi.. you have an excellent body profile and if you like that design I’d say it should work well for you, having said this its not my choice, there are so many detailed designs out there for back pieces these days. I’m really drawn to japanese work which is very popular but its your choice, you have to wear it for life so choose wisely, it does sound like you have thought about it and havn’t rushed into it so far, good luck!

I’m sure someone else will be along to advise on the cost – I think the figure you are talking could be a little on the low side for the size you are talking, people are very helpful here so I’m sure you wont wait too long for an answer.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi Bozek

Couple of things really – I am not going to try and dissuade you just letting you know a few hard learned basics;

Cost

If you are going to go for a really detailed piece you want to be looking at closer to $800 to $1000 – you may seem some change from 1k but a reputable artist is not going to be cheap.

Design

The design is ok – but to be honest for a piece that big you need way more detail adding to it. Also you will need a good artist to be able to expand that piece into the size you want so the proportions look good.

I would suggest adding more depth to all of it so there is more detail on feathers beak claws etc.

You could also add clouds, fire, a mountain backdrop etc.

Also I keep banging on about this but it is true – women do not like shite ink they love artistic ink.

You get that piece slapped on simply because you think it is 😎 you will prob by your late 20’s to 30’s start to regret it.

Get that piece put on as a portrait piece of work that you will be proud to show all of your life.

Take Care
    Matthew

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

i agree on the portrait style eagle .
    wait and save up for 2 more years is my opinion :rolleyes:

bozek36
    Participant
    @bozek36

I was thinking more about the head of the eagle to make it be looking straight, and doing more of a yelling face. I also do agree, I’d really love for the eagle to be a lot more detailed and shaded excellently. Like I said, I’m not really too worried about it myself about spending money since I have money saved up as is, and I will be receiving money for Christmas/Birthday since I’m still just a kid. However much it’d take to make it look the best it can be, I’d be willing to spend truthfully. And my parents feel the same way about that, if they’re going to see their kid with permanent ink on his body, they want it to be the best it can be. So yes, I definitely agree I should get it more detailed, and I will probably be showing this stencil to my friend so he can redraw it to be a lot more of a detailed picture with more shading. He’s a pretty decent artist, and I’m sure the tattoo artist that I approach will also be able to perk the drawing a bit more to make it the best it can be.

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

Personally I think it’s ugly and would not look good as an entire backpiece.. but I’m all into realism. If you really want comments, mine is: Put a real bird on your back… not that thing.

bozek36
    Participant
    @bozek36
    ArniVidar;47371 wrote:
    Personally I think it’s ugly and would not look good as an entire backpiece.. but I’m all into realism. If you really want comments, mine is: Put a real bird on your back… not that thing.

That’s the thing! I want the bird to be a lot more photo realistic, but I couldn’t really find a bird design on tattoo design sites that include either an eagle or a phoenix with wings spread open. I also don’t want to just throw a random bird on my back, because the meanings of the phoenix and eagle are both very appealing and mean something to me. I was going to take that design to my friend, have him make it more realistic, and go from there.

bozek36
    Participant
    @bozek36

Oh, wow, just found a similar, more realistic design right after I put that last post.

http://www.tattoojohnny.com/tattoo-design-gallery.asp?k=eagle

I’d like the eagle to actually be looking straight, though 😮

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

try doing a search on deviantart.com for eagle tattoo and see what comes up 😉

bozek36
    Participant
    @bozek36
    Outlaw;47409 wrote:
    try doing a search on deviantart.com for eagle tattoo and see what comes up 😉

Damn, thanks so much. I completely disregarded that site from my searches because I didn’t think they’d have tattoos. I found EXACTLY, right on the button what I’m looking for.

eagle_tattoo_by_eilid.jpg

Darkbeer
    Participant
    @darkbeer

I’m not much for posting, just like to read the posts and view the pics. But I have to reply to this. If you do this you will regret it for the rest of your life.
    Stop looking at sites that post cartoons and look at some real tattoo’s like the ones on this site. At 16 your tastes reflect your age. At 32 I am willing to bet you will hate that bird on your back. Find some real art and a good artist to work with, THEN wait a few years for your common sense and judgement to catch up with your body. It’s a lifetime commitment and you don’t want to screw it up.
    Just my 2 cents.

Darkbeer

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Gotta respect that advice Darkbeer.

Take Care
    Matthew

bozek36
    Participant
    @bozek36
    Darkbeer;47413 wrote:
    I’m not much for posting, just like to read the posts and view the pics. But I have to reply to this. If you do this you will regret it for the rest of your life.
    Stop looking at sites that post cartoons and look at some real tattoo’s like the ones on this site. At 16 your tastes reflect your age. At 32 I am willing to bet you will hate that bird on your back. Find some real art and a good artist to work with, THEN wait a few years for your common sense and judgement to catch up with your body. It’s a lifetime commitment and you don’t want to screw it up.
    Just my 2 cents.

Darkbeer

I’m not sure if you didn’t read through my thread or what, but I don’t really see how…

eagle_tattoo_by_eilid.jpg

is cartoonish if I get it changed a bit by a good artist.

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

that design is a lot better than the 1st

CruisingComet
    Participant
    @cruisingcomet

I don’t like it, the wings are the only thing realistic about it IMO

Is it me.. or is it like a little fat guy with wings? 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.